Security Installer Community

Retrofitting New Panels

Guest mark

The thing I would most like to see on a panel that is going in for a retrofit is programmable EOL values. I really really would love to see that.

I'd also quite like selectable EOL values on detectors, especially for ones used in G3 installations.

Another thing that would be good would be individually configurable zone wiring types, so you can set all contacts as DP and all detectors as EOL for instance.

Lurch eol choice ? I'am sure this on galaxy's already is it not? the new cooper stuff does it as does guardall?

the mix of dp & eol on the pcb has been with us many years with menvier & abacus

but prefer Scanny dual tecs. having changeable links could sway me towards buying the scanny pirs for convenience, if reliabilty. price and performance were the same.

i liked the program attribute you suggested, not too sure how you would implement the cable tamper though on DP contacts, perhaps seeing 9.4k ohms (2 x 4.7k) as a single door open.

are scanny detection still rebranded visonic's?

most decent controls will support 10 x eol alarm resistors the only one which caught me out was caslte's euros which would do only one, later software went to four reeds.

not too sure how you would implement the cable tamper though on DP contacts,

Er, pair for alarm and a pair for tamper?

oh my gawd Lurch do try to keep up old son :P

what i was trying to get at is if say a on row of 3 roller shutters on the same zone (not what i would do but as an example) you have 3 dp contacts = 6 reeds. we/i would like to know if a single reed is not working, and that shutter is now relying on the still working single reed as it would if connected as you suggest

zone pairing is one way but a better option would be if 'seeing' a doubled resistance would indicate a single shutter open, or a single resistance as a faulty shutter contact which could be accepted by the keyholdder and dealt with next working day perhaps by automatic fault advice signal to CS.

i hope thats a bit clearer now

regs

alan

post-2997-1157056936_thumb.jpg

hi mr happy,

good drawings but not what i was driving at, see my above post.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

what i was trying to get at is if say a on row of 3 roller shutters on the same zone (not what i would do but as an example) you have 3 dp contacts = 6 reeds. we/i would like to know if a single reed is not working, and that shutter is now relying on the still working single reed as it would if connected as you suggest

zone pairing is one way but a better option would be if 'seeing' a doubled resistance would indicate a single shutter open, or a single resistance as a faulty shutter contact which could be accepted by the keyholdder and dealt with next working day perhaps by automatic fault advice signal to CS.

Umm, no.

You've missed the boat completely. I never said DP contacts, I said DP wiring, and I never said put 3 contacts on one zone.

Not sure what you're banging on about tbh but I'll just leave you to it. I don't actually think any of it's relevant to what I said.

Umm, no.

You've missed the boat completely. I never said DP contacts, I said DP wiring, and I never said put 3 contacts on one zone.

Not sure what you're banging on about tbh but I'll just leave you to it. I don't actually think any of it's relevant to what I said.

hi Lurch,

i see no ships captain (aka the goons)

as you say you were mentioning DP (Double Pole) wiring, personally i treat that as 'feed & return' as opposed to E.O.L (End Of Line). The reason for this is EOL used to mean a battery fed system i.e. 'EOL Batts' just old school terminology.

anyway, you suggestion was a very good one imo, and i moved on to exsplain my view when using DP Contacts i.e. twin reed contacts (which is the true meaning of a DP Contact). the example was a possible scenario, installers do put several doors or shutters on a zone, its just something i don't do if practicle situations allow me.

thats what i was 'banging on' about had you read what i actually wrote, if you read my post in that context i hope you fully understand my suggestuion - if perhaps not me :cry:

many companies put several doors on a single zone, nothing wrong in that but as far as i know. i tend to have every single door on it's own seperate zone, with todays panels and the zones available on them imo you can zero in on a problem very quickely. doors not shut properly by keyholders cause far more F/As and call outs than PIRs imo. how many times i got called out when on service because a new key holder missed a 'hidden' door they were not aware of?

please, before you get all upset again with me, the shortenned terms were expanded for others less experienced, as i'm totally sure you are aware what they truely meant - so absolutely no insult or smart ass comment intended.

regs

alan

zone pairing is one way but a better option would be if 'seeing' a doubled resistance would indicate a single shutter open,

depending on product there no reason way you can't fit one resistor per reed

less than 2K = tamper

2k1 -4k6 = closed

4k7 -20K = active

21k+ =tamper

post-2997-1157212170_thumb.jpg

i've cut it down as it is right

now if you wanted to be a flash git you could vary the values of the alarm resistor so could see with panel (product depending) or with meter which one is open before ripping the curcuit apart

thanks for the pm'ed info i'll let you know how it goes....

zone pairing is one way but a better option would be if 'seeing' a doubled resistance would indicate a single shutter open,

depending on product there no reason way you can't fit one resistor per reed

less than 2K = tamper

2k1 -4k6 = closed

4k7 -20K = active

21k+ =tamper

post-2997-1157212170_thumb.jpg

i've cut it down as it is right

now if you wanted to be a flash git you could vary the values of the alarm resistor so could see with panel (product depending) or with meter which one is open before ripping the curcuit apart

thanks for the pm'ed info i'll let you know how it goes....

hi Mr Happy,

your drawing is correct, and as you say 1 or several single reeds would show as door/s open,

what i want is to show up an impending fault, so software to show a single reed open (4.7k) as a fault, two reeds open (9.4k) as a door/shutter open, 3 reeds open would be again be a fault (as one reed is closed indicating a single faullty reed on a shutter).

if the above was employed in dual tecs, we could get indication of an activation during a set period on say the PIR section alone but that would not cause an alarm signal, just a service note. it could also be used to check both sections are active, say 5 actions on the MW but non on the PIR during unset periods, indicating the PIR has died in the closed position (or vice versa).

those values could be programmable, i just used them as an example.

good luck with them bits, any probs get back to me.

regs

alan

Archived