Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration

maltoby

Hi.

could someone help me reset my BT Inspiration telephone system that i have bought from ebay as the standard programming code of 1111 does not work, and i am unable to change any of the programmable features.

many thanks for any help.

Hi.

could someone help me reset my BT Inspiration telephone system that i have bought from ebay as the standard programming code of 1111 does not work, and i am unable to change any of the programmable features.

I don't think responsible engineers are going to post confidential break-in information on a public forum to an unknown new member.

It can be done a couple of different way, both physical and much easier though programming.

Normally you would expect to pay for an quick eng visit and need to provide proof of purchase/ownership as passwords etc are set away from the default for a good number of reasons.

Regards

Si

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Hi.

I don't think responsible engineers are going to post confidential break-in information on a public forum to an unknown new member.

It can be done a couple of different way, both physical and much easier though programming.

Normally you would expect to pay for an quick eng visit and need to provide proof of purchase/ownership as passwords etc are set away from the default for a good number of reasons.

Regards

Thanks for your reply,

Do you think i would be able to get a BT engineer to sort me out as i have bought the pbx secondhand. I can still use the system except all connected phones ring on an incoming call. Is there a code you can dial into the system to make the phone ring back, ie like the Omnicom fs2828 you can dial 60 to test the line.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply,

Do you think i would be able to get a BT engineer to sort me out as i have bought the pbx secondhand. I can still use the system except all connected phones ring on an incoming call. Is there a code you can dial into the system to make the phone ring back, ie like the Omnicom fs2828 you can dial 60 to test the line.

Thanks.

Let me know where you are in the country and I will hopefully try to put you in touch with someone who can come and get you running as if you are not near myself - I do have some numbers of Inspiration trained techs in different places.

No there is no 60 self-test option on the Inspiration.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Thanks for your reply,

Thanks.

Let me know where you are in the country and I will hopefully try to put you in touch with someone who can come and get you running as if you are not near myself - I do have some numbers of Inspiration trained techs in different places.

No there is no 60 self-test option on the Inspiration.

Regards

Simon

I live in Rugeley, Staffordshire.

Can you help with speed dialling on the Inspiration pbx, if i dial a speed number ie. 7001 on a tone dialling phone there is a long delay between dialling the number and being returned to the call ( the other person has already answered the phone before i can speak to them ) this does not happen with a system phone or a loop disconnect pulse phone.

I would welcome any advice on this.

many thanks.

Steve.

I live in Rugeley, Staffordshire.
Ok leave it with me, have a look through my book.
Can you help with speed dialling on the Inspiration pbx, if i dial a speed number ie. 7001 on a tone dialling phone there is a long delay between dialling the number and being returned to the call ( the other person has already answered the phone before i can speak to them ) this does not happen with a system phone or a loop disconnect pulse phone.

Yes there is quote a noticeable delay using standard phones - if you are getting answer before through-connect to your extension - check:

That your speedial numbers are programmed correctly without a pause in the number string.

Also check your PSTN line settings are correct for your line type.

Obviously you need to be able to access system programming to do this, I am indeed puzzled on how you have been able to programme the system speedials you are dialling in the first place as you need the system programming password to do this ???

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Archived