Security Installer Community

Pir

banghead Hope someone can help.

I have just added another PIR to my system. Control panel is a Texecom R8+ and the PIR in question is a Texecom Prestige Quad.

Whilst testing with the walk test this PIR is not being recognised. However, the PIR is lighting up when motion is detected.

I have tested the following. The voltage at the PIR is OK. The PIR is opening and closing it's internal circuit when motion is detected. The wires to the detector tested fine for continuity. The wires are all connected at the PIR and the control panel correctly.

The walk test is working fine for all other detectors.

Any ideas?

I've just tried taking out one of the zone wires at the panel and it didn't recognise this on the walk test. So I tried doing the same with another empty zone and got the same.

So I presume that either there is a fault with these two zones - unlikely. Or perhaps there is something I have omitted to do with the programming.

All zones are programmed to work on the full suite so I'm not sure what is going wrong. :hmm: The system has been programmed and working fine for the last year with the original 6 zones.

I didn't think you could program zones on a veritas as unused? I thought they had to be programmed as something but linked out in panel if not actually required..

I didn't think you could program zones on a veritas as unused? I thought they had to be programmed as something but linked out in panel if not actually required..

No you are correct, you can't. Only on the Premier range can you do this!

Just trying to do my job

Guest Alarm Guard

No you are correct, you can't. Only on the Premier range can you do this!

Yes ou can :yes:

On Veritas 8 & R8 & Compact you can programme any zone as un-used. On the R8 & Excell you can programme them as un-used but you must then fit a 10k resistor

Archived