Security Installer Community

Mobile Phone Remote Viewing

Taylormade

Hello Everyone,

I have a customer who wants to view his cctv via his mobile phone. I Have used the Y3K PC cards before for this purpose and the sofwtware seems to work OK.

This customer wants:

• Dedicated DVR Non PC Based
  • 4 Channels
  • Remote Access via web & Mobile / PDA

The only 2 I Can find on the Net are The DVR503D from SCT CCTV and the Professional 4 Camera Pentaplex (WDVR4) from Y3k.

Does anyone have any experience of either DVR or know of any others they can recomend for the job. Also has any one used SCT as a supplier before?

Your advice is always valued

cheers

L T :hmm:

Hello Everyone,

I have a customer who wants to view his cctv via his mobile phone. I Have used the Y3K PC cards before for this purpose and the sofwtware seems to work OK.

This customer wants:

• Dedicated DVR Non PC Based
  • 4 Channels
  • Remote Access via web & Mobile / PDA

The only 2 I Can find on the Net are The DVR503D from SCT CCTV and the Professional 4 Camera Pentaplex (WDVR4) from Y3k.

Does anyone have any experience of either DVR or know of any others they can recomend for the job. Also has any one used SCT as a supplier before?

Your advice is always valued

cheers

L T :hmm:

I tested this DVR last year I did not like it at all.

The remote monitoring was a big disappointment so was the recorded quality.

The manufacturer tells me that they have improved the performance but I have not seen a new version.

It is 12month since I test it though and it may be better.

I still have the 16CH one if anyone wants it cheap, but is CD not DVD from memory.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Thanks for the responce paul,

Since I Posted the topic, i have recieved a phone call from one of my suppliers who monitors the site. They inform me that the DVR's are exactly the same internally, with different covers on, they also said that GANZ do the same DVR under their badge but charge much more for it.

My supplier has also emailed me the remote software for it and given me the link for the website for downloading the mobile phone viewing software. I could not get the mobile software to install, which is worrying as i am using a XDA mini with windown mobile 2003 OS.

Did you ever get the mobile software working? If I do buy the 4 port for my client, and the performance is OK, i May be interested in purchasing your 16 port. send me a PM with details.

cheers

Lee

Thanks for the responce paul,

Since I Posted the topic, i have recieved a phone call from one of my suppliers who monitors the site. They inform me that the DVR's are exactly the same internally, with different covers on, they also said that GANZ do the same DVR under their badge but charge much more for it.

My supplier has also emailed me the remote software for it and given me the link for the website for downloading the mobile phone viewing software. I could not get the mobile software to install, which is worrying as i am using a XDA mini with windown mobile 2003 OS.

Did you ever get the mobile software working? If I do buy the 4 port for my client, and the performance is OK, i May be interested in purchasing your 16 port. send me a PM with details.

cheers

Lee

Hi Lee.

If you are ever passing I will stick it in the counter for you to see working.

I never got to test the mobile monitoring on a phone as I didn

System Q Ltd.

Archived