Security Installer Community

Edf Energy Power Down

Guest ascruton

Guest ascruton

Hi guys. Firstly thanks for your help last year - my scantronic 9800+ is now being maintained by Briar Security. Infact my yearly maintance check was last friday :yes:

I discussed with the engineer about EDF energy turning off the electricity supply to my area next week for the duration of 10 hours, - obviously I was worried about the battery problem that first led me to contacting this forum (Lb = recurring alarm). I asked him if the battery would survive the duration of 10 hours, and after conferring with people at his base he stated that there is a likelyhood of battery failure - and that I should contact the company to discuss possible measures before the event... (no doubt at a cost)... This brings me to my question(s).

1. As the owner of the security alarm why am I not the sole knower of the master Code, - therefore removing the posibility of every briar member knowing how to disable my alarm, and also allowing me to control situations such as power supply failure.

2. What likely measures can be taken when power supply is interupted for so long.

Many Thanks

Ade

must type faster................

I discussed with the engineer about EDF energy turning off the electricity supply to my area next week for the duration of 10 hours

It may go for 12+ hours with no mains............... depends whats on it.

1. As the owner of the security alarm why am I not the sole knower of the master Code, - therefore removing the posibility of every briar member knowing how to disable my alarm, and also allowing me to control situations such as power supply failure.

what????????? the firm will have a code to program it but this will not unset it.....

2. What likely measures can be taken when power supply is interupted for so long.

none (a generator may cuase it to lock up)

Guest ascruton

thanks guys

its good to know that the enginer code will not disable an alarmed system. I only have a 2 up 2 down house - 4 circuits i think - so i hope the battery does last the 10 hours.

thanks again

Ade

its good to know that the enginer code will not disable an alarmed system. I only have a 2 up 2 down house - 4 circuits i think - so i hope the battery does last the 10 hours.

Why - is it because we are all thieving scumbags or do we in fact spend long hours everyday trying to make sure you people are able to protect your property??

When will customers get it into their heads we don't want your code to rob you we want it becuase it's easier than asking you to enter it for us all day long..

• 2 weeks later...

Ade

hi Ade,

others have answered you quetions, i just thought i'd add this in -:

if you are not happy with the briar service engineer knowing a user code for your system, then from a master user code set him up with a main user code so he can test to signalling properly (assuming ts is monitored), then when he has gone simply delete it, ofr leave it enabled, should you be burgled it will show in the log which code was used to turn the system of..

an engineers code can not be used to give a full alarm condition, it only works to 'sirens only' thats why he need's a full code to arm it and then test it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived