Security Installer Community

Intellisense Securit 800l+

Guest Chris R

Guest Chris R

HI,

I'm not sure if this is the correct model, because I've just moved into a new house without no manuals or anything.

Anyway, I was cleaning the dust of the sensors with a duster and it set the alarm off with the tamper light flashing. Even though i put the code in and reset it, the light still flashes.

With the tamper light flashing, I am unable to set the alarm. I only slightly touched the sensor so i dont think I have dislodged the cover. Is there any other kind or reset I can try that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Guest Chris R
I concur with Adi, give it a slight tap, if you caught it and tapped it, you could have a failing pir, you woint be able to reset it while still in fault

I will have a go and trying to reseat the cover. If it's of any use, I tried giving the sensor a tap a couple of times after the initial one and each time it set off the alarm.

Misplaced tamper spring or switch in the sensor, it could be a loose wire in the sensor too - if one of the terminals isn't screwed down properly. Really the lid needs taking off and replacing properly, whilst checking the affore-mentioned. The alarm may well sound again whilst doing this - your user code should silence it.

WARNING Please don't do this unless your sure you know what your doing as you may break the cover on the sensor, or short a wire and damage the panel - then it will be even more useless than it is now.

Guest Chris R
Misplaced tamper spring or switch in the sensor, it could be a loose wire in the sensor too - if one of the terminals isn't screwed down properly. Really the lid needs taking off and replacing properly, whilst checking the affore-mentioned. The alarm may well sound again whilst doing this - your user code should silence it.

WARNING Please don't do this unless your sure you know what your doing as you may break the cover on the sensor, or short a wire and damage the panel - then it will be even more useless than it is now.

Is there an easy way to disable the tamper loop, that you know of?

Guest Chris R
dont do that, thats like saying my fuse keeps blowing can i stick a bigger fuse in!

Fix the fault dont hide it

Sorry, i meant disable it whilst i have a look at the sensor. Or will the alarm just go off and then stay off once i have entered my code enabling me to have a look at the sensor?

Guest Chris R
when your alarm sounds enter code do not reset you can have a look at pir.

OK, Thanks all for your help. I will have a look and see if I can see anything out of place.

Chris

Archived