Security Installer Community

Oh it was serviced ?

Guest Jimbob

I have just spent half a day in a wonderfull house in on the outskirts of Bolton after a frantic call from the owners saying they had been broken in to and could I call round and repair their alarm because the intruders had smashed the keypad and ripped the internal internal sounder of the ceiling :( no problem I said I will be there within the hour :D)

On arrival I was greeted by the owners offered a brew and given the manual and service record, quick glance through seemed normal. Where is the end station I asked, Its in the garage attic, Up the ladder I went then the problems started, only 4 feet of roof space (me being 6ft 2 and 16 stone) but there where crawling boards and right at the end one end station, no screws holding the cover on, no battery back up tamper spring taped up, PCB board just hanging in the box and to top it off half wired in 6core alarm cable and the rest in telephone cable AND THIS GUY WAS A REGISTERED INSTALLER ......oh £$%^ I thought

Think you had better come up here and look at this I said and up he came.....(now remember folks Im 6ft2 and 16 stone) I explained what was wrong and how it should be .......the robin &^%$£"! charged me £350 to install it and £45 a year for the past 4 years to service it.... he then flipped his lid .......all 5ft11 and 20 stone slipping of the crawl boards grabbing me in the process and oh yes through the roof we went ending up on the kitchen floor covered in plaster, loft insulation and 100years of dust and muck and one end station swinging by the mains cable

bit bruised but we where both okay..... :blink: do you do ceilings as well Jim he asked..... no just alarms I replied but I may be able to find somone ...any volenteers

Needless to say he is having as a new system fitted on Friday..................... any suggestions where to put the end station :ph34r:

You could always put it back in the same place BEFORE the ceiling is redone!

Then employ a dwarf to service it each year!! :P

Hope you're not too badly bruised Jimbob!

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Guest oldtimer

How is guys like that get away with jobs like this.

Me I get all the customers from hell who check everything and do not want to pay for anything and tell you they will give you a hard time cos they are sick of being ripped off.

So the next question is do you realise that the customer will want to claim off your insurance to fix the roof cos he is not going to affect his no claim bonus from his.

Well Oldtimer, No he aint claiming of me. New System fitted and his neighbour wants me to renew theirs as the same bloke fitted that one as well......as for the origanal installer .... he"s gone bust (wonder why? :blink: )

Archived