Security Installer Community

Pcmcia

Guest ALSEC

like i said abaove these new 'express' slots are an new pcmcia serial card to replace bus mastered pcmcia(pci) as its part of the new pci serial bus (like on desktops) your pcmcia card wont work like a pci card wont fit in a pci serial socket

Spot on. If ALSEC had read the standard product information about his laptop, it says:

"Dell Inspiron 1300"

"Express card slot: This system uses an ExpressCard Slot which does not support any cards available for PC Card."

Pretty clear and unequivocal that - direct from the Dell web site in 20 seconds!

direct from the Dell web site in 20 seconds!
it took you that long?? :whistle:

Yeah Georgahti the dell website isn't very user friendly sometimes and maybe the connection was slow...

Hmm wonder if there will be an Expresscard to PCMCIA convertor plug in.

There maybe an Expresscard coming out that does what you need..

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Spot on. If ALSEC had read the standard product information about his laptop, it says:

"Dell Inspiron 1300"

"Express card slot: This system uses an ExpressCard Slot which does not support any cards available for PC Card."

Pretty clear and unequivocal that - direct from the Dell web site in 20 seconds!

I didn't read the spec because I didn't think that anyone would have changed the design of the card!!

lurch & amateurandy - thanks for your condacending and pointless replies. Everyone else thank you.

I didn't read the spec because I didn't think that anyone would have changed the design of the card!!

lurch & amateurandy - thanks for your condacending and pointless replies. Everyone else thank you.

Pardon?

We were trying to help, that's why we put the effort in to find the information and tell you.

A sense of humour and some gratitude are always well received. :)

Archived