Security Installer Community

Pet Immune ?

binthere

Two words 'Pet Immune', what is the general opinion, we have tested the fish eye visonic digital and decided that the only animal it 'picks up' is an elephant with a fever!

Yes they were positioned correctly

Texecom Pet immune (no comment) except we will not use them!! :banned:

Some are useless others are slow.

We have 1600 installs, and the jury is still out on pet immune.

General opinions please.

QFA

I was very sceptical of pet immune dets but tested one anyway, and was very impressed.

I set one up in a master bedroom, and stood outside its field of view (behind the wardrobe) I could see the det in the reflection of a mirror oposite, with an alsation and a yap yap dog on the bed I proceeded to throw dog biscuits around the room, the dogs went ape and ran around everywhere, and though some of the lights came on on the det they never went into alarm. As soon as I stepped out from behind the wardrobe bang the detector alarmed.

Whenever Ive taken over a system that has had problems with pets, the bosch has always 100% solved the problem.

That was with the 820's they have replaced these with Bluelines Ive yet to test these properly but I doubt they would of changed much.

Pete

Thanks Pete

I'll give them a try, who is the best supplier.

Binthere

I use Optex RX-40PT and they have been excellent (and cheap!).

As long as you follow the manufacturs guidelines shoud be fine. Stairs are a good one to watch out for, although I have never had a problem with the fluffy little moggie sticking it's head through the bannister! :rolleyes:

Regards

Dave

QFA

I set one up in a master bedroom, and stood outside its field of view (behind the wardrobe) I could see the det in the reflection of a mirror oposite, with an alsation and a yap yap dog on the bed I proceeded to throw dog biscuits around the room, the dogs went ape and ran around everywhere, and though some of the lights came on on the det they never went into alarm. As soon as I stepped out from behind the wardrobe bang the detector alarmed.

Have to get the same test equipment you use, what was it..........Alsation and Yap Yap Dog!!!!

Not sure if the Alsation would fit in the boot of my car though!!!

Lol

Mark

That was with the 820's they have replaced these with Bluelines Ive yet to test these properly but I doubt they would of changed much.

Pete

Hi Pete, (Yes Ive changed sides) Good to see ther feed back on the pet imunes (would you like me to pop some Bluelines round?

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Archived