Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration Time Update

Guest Irene

Guest Irene

Hi, the company I work for have an old (2001) BT Inspiration PBX installed, however since the ownership changed hands the time has been stuck on standard winter time - this means that at 4pm everyday the answerphone switches itself on and routes all call though it automatically. Can anyone tell me how to change the time? I have been to system menu but it is asking for a 'password' however no-one here now was working here when the phones were installed. I know this is just a niggle, but it is a very annoying one when we have temps in ect...please can anyone help?

Thanks, Irene

Guest Irene

Hi all, I've managed to resolve this, however incase anyone else has this problem here's how I managed to resolve it

1) Choose system programming from system phone not extension

2) Enter password 1111 (if still on BT reset)

3) Scroll to system update

4) Scroll through menu for Time & Date

5) Update accordingly using 24hr clock

Hope this helps

Irene

Guest Irene

Very moodily put Lurch - thanks!!

When attempting to change the BT settings you need to use the master (main) BT Inspiration handset phone, as none of the other phones on the circuit will allow you to update the system ...then

1) Press the green programme menu button at the top of the display panal

2) This takes you into the phone set-up menu

3) Scroll using the down arrow buttons under the display until you reach system programming

4) The display will prompt you for a password, if it is BT default it will be 1111

5) select option 'system' from the display, this allows you to amend time/date/password/night service/hold music/greetings/call logging/timers/reset options ect

6) when finished, scroll through the menu on the display until you find cancel, this will exit you from the menu

Clearer Lurch? :P

Man, some people can be such cyber-snobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life, anyone?

Archived