Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 - Bell

Guest marshate

Guest marshate

Hi guys, we recently moved house and was never provided the alarm codes.

We were informed by the previous owner that there was no problem with the alarm, so after trying to get hold of the installation engineers with little success, I finally plucked up the courage to peform a 'Power Up Rest' to clear the non volatile memory and allow me to re-program the system.

I have done and all seems fine, with all tests passed apart from the bell not sounding.

We do not know how long the system was disconnected from the mains but its at least 3 months, and when I opened the CPU, the battery was also disconnected.

Do we have too wait a certain amount of time for a battery in the bell box to charge, before we should assume there to be a problem?

There is no problem with the strobe which correctly triggers when the alarm condition is reached.

Thanks

Guest marshate
Best replace the battery in the cpu, its unlikely to be any good after being discharged for so long.

Most likely the external sounder has been dissconected at the box, as this would sound for twenty minutes as soon as the panel was dissed.

Pete

The terminals T(yellow) A(black) D(Red) B(Green) are all connected.

Anywhere else I should look

Terry

Guest marshate
Is that in the panel or the bell? as I said earlier its most likely the bell is dissed, I meant at the bell not at the cpu.

Pete

Thanks for your prompt advice Pete

Problem was in the bell housing. Looks like someone must have disconnected power, not realised it would set the alarm off, then promptly climbed up the ladder and snipped 3 wires in the housing. All reconnected and no problems. I'll drop the power tomorrow evening and check the battery in the box with the view to changing as recommended by yourself.

I rest a bit easier now when I go on holiday...... thanks again

Terry

Archived