Security Installer Community

Reson8 Leds'

Guest Biker Dave

Guest Biker Dave

:hmm: Have just replaced my trusty Citadel Defender bellbox (strobe packed up) with the new Honeywell Reson8. Now I know my LEDs in the Defender were quite dim but the ones in the Reson8 hardly show :( Only at late night can I see the red one and the green one is only just visible when looking at a certain angle! The green is so dim I had to get the ladder just to make sure. I haven't spoken to Honeywell yet but does anyone have any other experience of this box? Also is the quality of this product worse than the Defender or is this my imagination too? All comments appreciated before contacting Honeywell.

cheers

Dave

No problem in removing the 'cack' , any recommendations?

Texecom Odyssey are alright, as is the Eurosec XS3D. You can get both easily online and both are miles better than that 'bell box'.

Trade Member

if it sounds ok - why not simply fit brighter LED's a bit nearer the lens? or use the old ones and mount them into the cover? B) seal with a gell sealant - job done get on with the barby.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Biker Dave

To all that read this post. I spoke to Honeywell today and their only response was "they are dim, thats how it is", well thats the last time I buy a Honeywell product :angry:

Its strange because all my heating controls are Honeywell and they are top quality, reliable products. Is it because they haven't got to grips after the takeover of ADE? but having said that they proudly display the Reson8 on the front of their website.

Next time I will check here first.

cheers

Dave

........ I spoke to Honeywell today and their only response was "they are dim, thats how it is", well thats the last time I buy a Honeywell product :angry:

cheers

Dave

shows they were not talking about the siren perhaps - but honeywell :whistle:

i think that sort of honesty by a big company is to be respected

:P

regs

alan

Guest Biker Dave

Can't disagree with the honesty bit, he certainly didn't sound suprised when I told him. I still find it odd though that when they were developing the product somebody didn't point this out or are they letting the customer do the 'road trial@ for them :hmm:

On another note do you live in Chelmsford Alan? I used to live there and my mum still does, sure has changed a lot in recent years :yes:

cheers

Dave

Can't disagree with the honesty bit, he certainly didn't sound suprised when I told him. I still find it odd though that when they were developing the product somebody didn't point this out or are they letting the customer do the 'road trial@ for them :hmm:

On another note do you live in Chelmsford Alan? I used to live there and my mum still does, sure has changed a lot in recent years :yes:

cheers

Dave

thats the problem with R&D, they only work in offices and sit at a bench all day, that means the lens is closest to them and they are in arificial light all the time so easier to see esecially if short sighted- and go home a 4pm

i think they rarely see bit of kit in a real situ :hmm:

techncally i'm in chelmsford as i live in Runwell, no not the hospital - perhaps i should though! :cry: most call it Wickford. we have wheely bins not plastic sacks, and we organise wheely bin square dancing nights and manouvre edicate sessions for new 'immigrants' ie always raise the little fingers as in drinking a cup of tea when pushing your bin - never when pulling the bin or instant blackballing will occur..

don't worry about me - it's something the water arround here :)

regs

alan

Archived