Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 Panel

JamboChris

Hello,

first of all I would like to thank the folk who recommended I change my ADE Sonade for a Texecom...

Next:

At my parents I replaced the ADE Sonade for a Texecom Odyssey 1 on their Accenta G3 panel. The back-up battery in the G3 was replaced as well. Everything ok.

At my place I did exactly the same, but when powering the mains back up, it blew the 1A fuse for the bell/strobe in the G3 panel. Fuse replaced and everything seemed to be ok. I also have a small sound bomb connected to the G3 bell output. This now occasionally chirps away suggesting that it is being powered even when not under alarm conditions...

I measured the voltage from my parents G3 panel (between +ve supply and -ve sounder trigger) and it is 1.75volts. On my panel it is 8.7 volts. This seems a bit high to me....

Any suggestions/advice.

Thanks,

Chris

Have you tried disconnecting the sound bomb and seeing if the reading changes? Also, running a bell box and a sound bomb off a G3 could be pulling too much current in alarm, depending on what else you have on the system, although I'm not 100% sure what a sound bomb draws...

Trade Member

Have you tried disconnecting the sound bomb and seeing if the reading changes? Also, running a bell box and a sound bomb off a G3 could be pulling too much current in alarm, depending on what else you have on the system, although I'm not 100% sure what a sound bomb draws...

The reading is the same, 8.7 volts with no sound bomb attached.... The sound bomb draws 104mA.

Thanks.

An Odyssey has a dirty bell trigger :whistle:

trigger your sb of another output or rig up a relay

What do you mean by dirty bell trigger??

I have no problems with removing the sound bomb (already off actually as the chirping was annoying) but will the 8.7 volts constantly delivered to the Odyssey be a problem. I don't want it to start chirping :):) and any idea why the voltage is so high?

Thanks again...

What do you mean by dirty bell trigger??

the voltage on the trigger

but will the 8.7 volts constantly delivered to the Odyssey be a problem.

The voltage is from the odyssey,

use another output for the sb or fit relay.

Archived