Security Installer Community

Reson8 Bell Box

dommer

Hi. Hoping for some advice.

I have an old alarm system that was not working when I moved in. I have got it working now, and I am gradually updating the kit, PIR's Panel and Bell Box. Only DIY stuff but it will work fine for me. Currently I have a Bell outside, yes a bell, a dinging bell. I want to replace this as it has not battery backup. I was thinking of buying a Reson8 Bell Box, I have an ADE panel.

My questions are -

1) Any advice on which end to connect first, panel first or Bell ?

2) How long will it sound when fitting, and what connection makes it stop ?

3) Currently if the Bell goes off by mistake, I can cut the power or remove a Bell wire from the panel. If it has is own batteries, is there a way of stopping it instantly ? I wouldn't want to wait 20 mins before it reset itself.

Any advice would be great. Thanks, Dom.

Firstly, I would look somewhere else for a bell box. It was probably called the Reason 8 because there are 8 reasons as to why you should'nt buy one.

I usually connect the bell box first and get it into standby mode (ie silenced but running off it's own battery) then connect the panel end without shorting any wires together. I would recommend you connect the panel end first with the control panel switched OFF, then the bell, then switch the panel on.

There should be a test function on the Reason 8 so it will only sound for a few seconds whilst in that mode. The manual will detail this feature.

If the bell is installed properly, there should NOT be a way of stopping it if it looses it's hold off voltage short of re-applying this voltage. If the installation is to a good standard and the equipment is good quality, there is no reason to worry about this happening.

Trade Member

I really like the Novagards, but you won't be able to get hold of them easily. The Pyronix Belle is reliable enough and loud too although it might be a little fiddly to install. You can get hold of them on the internet easily.

Or Texecom, as Adi said above.

Trade Member

I really like the Novagards, but you won't be able to get hold of them easily. The Pyronix Belle is reliable enough and loud too although it might be a little fiddly to install. You can get hold of them on the internet easily.

Or Texecom, as Adi said above.

Pyronix Belle a bit pricey for me, is this better ? http://www.alertelectrical.com/product.asp?prodID=43

Sorry forgot to ask, which is the best Dual PIR to buy from Alert Electrical ? It will save on postage to order at the same time. Ps thanks for the replies I will happilly listen to the experts, I was all set to get the Reason 8. cheers, Dom.

Id go texecom. but they all decent. others on here would probably say rokonet. for a domestic i would probably advise against pyronix to big and ugly.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived