Security Installer Community

Battery Codes ?

So you dont inspect other brands then?

sure but i replace them with yuasa..

You insist a 18 month batt you take over is binned?

not necessarily but if it says "hyany" or some other "quality" brand on the battery it will be binned even if it has been there for 18 seconds..

Fair point if thats your company policy.

Tend to only see Yuasa here anyway. Unless its a old takeover in which case we change cos of the age.

cheers

Fair point if thats your company policy.

cheers

it became company policy due to fact that i thought it is best that way..

anyway - how do you KNOW it is only 18 months if you didn't change it yourself (or some other engineer from the company you work for) then?!? might be used for ages before someone wrote the date on it.. and who is the customer to blame if it cooks up charging circuit or fails to perform when needed :whistle:

it became company policy due to fact that i thought it is best that way..

anyway - how do you KNOW it is only 18 months if you didn't change it yourself (or some other engineer from the company you work for) then?!? might be used for ages before someone wrote the date on it.. and who is the customer to blame if it cooks up charging circuit or fails to perform when needed :whistle:

Cos of the date codes on the thing, hence the start of this thread :hmm::whistle:

Thats why we like to know

;)

We buy the cheaper batteries usually and the large majority of ours are changed every five years and they are tested every year using the ACT battery tester. I'd feel as though I am robbing the customer if the battery failed after two years and I would feel pretty guilty but then again this is business and in the long run we all know what a faulty battery can do to a panel.

Trade Member

I have seen certain companies policies that demand a 18 month battery change whatever the test results.

Georg, you gone quiet..........

Georg, you gone quiet..........

i was searching part numbers for adi..

I have seen certain companies policies that demand a 18 month battery change whatever the test results.

to change battery after 18 months is not our company policy but to change batteries that are

1) too old regardless that is 18 seconds or 18 years

2) known brands for bad quality or brands not known for quality

3) original install date is not clear or is suspectable

funny to suddenly realise the date stamp issue - it only rarely is necessary to check since other companies use whatever cheap brands and the rest are fitted by us with install date written with permanent marker..

anyhow - got my lesson :Whip:

Lesson wasnt intended, advise was. Hence the data for the decoding of various manu`s codes.

Which i will post asap, a known issue is always best stamped on.

As noted if you can decipher the codes you know the age of the batt.

Glad i could be of help on this issue.

cheers

PS, We date stamp the batt when its delivered to us and then stamp it on install. Then it is date marked on every PMV so we know the age and condition. We can ( as i`m sure most of you can) trace the batt to the supplier 3 yrs down the line if we had to or even longer.

God bless paperwork.

cheers

Archived