Security Installer Community

Not So Much A Security Horror Story

F C E

Hey All, Was on call christmas day when at about 11pm i received a call out from our monitoring station for a nursing home in windsor reporting a smoke detector bleeping, called customer who was a temporary warden who told me that a smoke detector in one of the residents flats was beeping, ( I knew the site as serviced it before, it was an addressable system) asked the client what the panel was saying she said nothing only green healthy light illuminated. explained that if the panel wasnt showing a fault then it wasnt anything to do with fire alarm but she insisted i attended. So off i go after explaing that id be bout 1 1/2 hrs due to living in sussex, Got to site at 12.30am checked panel was normal, went to flat in question was told by warden that electrician had said it was smoke detector checked device and showed client that no chance it could be that, Then something beeped looked around flat checked nursecall and everything else next bleep i followed it to corner of room lifted up cover to find an ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR bleeping low battery.

Showed Warden who went red faced and very appologetic, All the resident was saying was turn that f*****g beeping off i cant sleep... I Couldnt stop laughing when i got back into car and office had one hell of laugh when they got paperwork

THought id share this with you as it cracks me up.. Moral of the callout get client to check wheelchairs first lol

:P:gimme:

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Couple of weeks ago, I was woken at 3 am ish by the noise of a smoke alarm (not in the house), went to front door but alarm stopped, went back to bed.

This happened a few times, just got to front door and noise stopped each time.

I had just fitted a battery smoke alarm in the caravan so I went into caravan and removed battery, went back to bed.

Same bloody thing happened again.

Went to caravan and removed battery from CO alarm - back to bed -same again.

Now getting seriously p*ssed off! thought it was a neighbours alarm so waited for it to go again, it didnt so went back to bed.

10 mins later - same again.

This time I waited on the front drive and after about 5 mins it happened again.

It was a faulty mains - battery smoke alarm that I had replaced earlier in the week on a clients premises, I had slung it in the bin without taking out the PP3 battery!

Fire Member

I waited on the front drive and after about 5 mins it happened again.

It was a faulty mains - battery smoke alarm that I had replaced earlier in the week on a clients premises, I had slung it in the bin without taking out the PP3 battery!.

Ive Done that before funny when you think about it but not so funny at the time.

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

• 1 year later...
Couple of weeks ago, I was woken at 3 am ish by the noise of a smoke alarm (not in the house), went to front door but alarm stopped, went back to bed.

This happened a few times, just got to front door and noise stopped each time.

I had just fitted a battery smoke alarm in the caravan so I went into caravan and removed battery, went back to bed.

Same bloody thing happened again.

Went to caravan and removed battery from CO alarm - back to bed -same again.

Now getting seriously p*ssed off! thought it was a neighbours alarm so waited for it to go again, it didnt so went back to bed.

10 mins later - same again.

This time I waited on the front drive and after about 5 mins it happened again.

It was a faulty mains - battery smoke alarm that I had replaced earlier in the week on a clients premises, I had slung it in the bin without taking out the PP3 battery!

:lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived