Security Installer Community

Smoke Cloak

Guest JoeyJ

Guest JoeyJ

Hey there,

I am an engineer in the west midlands. We recently got given a smoke cloak to try out. I believe it is an older model (not on the website). The sticker inside the little door at the back for the liquid reads (from memory! :cry: ) "Smoke Cloak MK II 250. 2500 Watts".

What i would like to know is.. Inside the cabinet itself is a small board with a lable on the back saying timer and then some numbers. The connections on its block are along the lines of +12V, Ground, PIR, NO, COM and maybe another. Any idea how to use this with the machine and what exactly it times?

I tested the machine a few times today and it works great!

Last few questions..

When it says 2500 Watts, is that only when the heater is on? As im not to sure i would like to use it if its drawing 2500 Watts the whole time :unsure: . Also, when the heater turns off (as its hot enough), how long does it take before it will have to come on again to ensure its hot enough?

Last question..

How much should we expect to pay from Smoke Cloak for some liquid? (FL600). Also, is smoke cloak the only place we can buy it from.

cheers guys. I hope you can help us out, Please be gentle :unsure:

Joey

Have a word with either Matt Odell from Smoke Cloak or Nigel Turner.

They will give you all the help you need. Contact details can be found at Smokecloaks site.

With reference to the heaters, they should be thermostat controlled, but get the guys at smokecloak to confirm for you.

Also, your best bet is definitely to buy the consumable direct from Martin Security Smoke (Smokecloak). Any second hand stuff may be approaching its shelf life and can cause unwanted degeneration of performance.

This can sour peoples perceptions of what is a great security tool. The knock on effect hits all the manufacturers.

At least buying from the manufacturer, gives you the confidence that what you have is the right fluid for the right job. As I mentioned in my introduction to smoke systems on the front page, you would not want it to go wrong when you actually need it!

Good luck, sure that the guys at Martins will sort it for you.

Regards,

Matt

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Guest JoeyJ

Hey again,

Im still wondering how to work this 'timer' board as mentioned above.

If anyone can give me any idea on what input/output it can control and how to wire it to ensure its correct operation i would be greatful, picture to follow. Again, the connections are along the lines of 12V, GND, N/O, PIR & COM.

I also got a reply from smoke cloak and i am now waiting for a second reply so i wondered if anyone could identify this board in the mean time.

With regards to the power draw, the 2500 watts is when the machine is first turned on and heating up. Once it is hot it is kept hot by the thermostat controlled heater which will draw around 100 watts. I believe it will also draw 2500 watts when firing.

cheers,

JoeyJ

This might seem a daft question, but if you were given a Smoke Cloak to try, presumably you are in dialogue with the manufacturer? So if they are trying to get you use there kit, surely the support should be comming from them.

Guest JoeyJ

Thanks for the reply.

The machine itself did not come from the manufacturer to us, it is a machine which was taken out by a fire alarm company whom are friends of ours during a strip out of an office.

Matt from SmokeCloak identified the machine as one of the older models but claimed there are many still in service today.

JoeyJ

Guest JoeyJ

Indeed :) I would not be happy but they do seem very helpful with the product (They sent a manual for me) its just waiting for replys in the mean time.

cheers, any ideas on the timer would be great, I dont want to be connecting it up without verifying first.

JoeyJ

Archived