Security Installer Community

Door Contacts

toenee

Have just been given some grade 3 flush contacts to fit they have eol resistors fitted and resistor across the contact but what a pain to fit, is this normal? Working of the manufacturer's spec I should have had 10mm clearance but this was very hitty missy! I eventually fitted one at a diagonal angle and the other one 5mm above the center line of the switch to make them work, Am I missing the principle of these double reed switches

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Valhalla
Have just been given some grade 3 flush contacts to fit they have eol resistors fitted and resistor across the contact but what a pain to fit, is this normal? Working of the manufacturer's spec I should have had 10mm clearance but this was very hitty missy! I eventually fitted one at a diagonal angle and the other one 5mm above the center line of the switch to make them work, Am I missing the principle of these double reed switches

The manufacturer should have included the correct mounting instructions for the installation of double reed switches.

Its about time that the security industry started fitting door switches that detect an extraneous magnetic field in close proximity.

"Its about time that the security industry started fitting door switches that detect an extraneous magnetic field in close proximity"

You mean like we used to?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

:ranting:

The manufacturer should have included the correct mounting instructions for the installation of double reed switches.

Its about time that the security industry started fitting door switches that detect an extraneous magnetic field in close proximity.

The manufacture did have a slip of paper in with them it said "align green band to green band" that did not work mind you it also said use a combination of cable colours to get the gardiner tech resistor combinations this was wrong and the correct ones given after a telephone call no advice given about the alignment though We are a small company and get well p****d with faulty gear or instructions we waste a lot of time on fault finding on new gear and don't see why we should be a proving ground :ranting:

Archived