Security Installer Community

2x Texecom Odyssey 4e Wiring

Guest Shaks

Guest Shaks

Hi All

Last year I installed a texecom excel panel with a odyssey 4e bellbox. I would now like to add a second bellbox but do not really want to run the cable back to the first bellbox.

I would prefer to run it back to the panel. I understand that this is not a problem for all the connections except for the tamper connection. One the odyssey's the tamper for the second box is connected through the microswitches.

Can the tamper for the second panel be wired up at the panel without touching the first one? I don't think I can use a series connection (like global tamper) as it only uses one wire for tamper or is there some way.

Would it be a problem if I wired up the second bellbox to the global tamper as this is currently unused as I use EOL's for tamper. I guess one of the tamper contacts on the panel could be linked to 0v on the bell connections on the panel and the other connected to the tamper wire from the second panel.

Would this work OK or is there a better way? I would prefer not to touch the first bell at all.

Shaks

Guest Shaks
Best way - Do you have any spare zones on your panel? If so, you can use a spare zone, and program it as 24Hr (or tamper or whatever the veritas calls it...)

D7

The tamper zone is still spare as I used eol for the detectors. All the rest of the zones are full. Do I just connect the tamper connections on the panel to tamper return and 0v?

Shaks

Last year I installed a texecom excel panel with a odyssey 4e bellbox. I would now like to add a second bellbox but do not really want to run the cable back to the first bellbox. I would prefer to run it back to the panel.

Don't have too

I understand that this is not a problem for all the connections except for the tamper connection. One the odyssey's the tamper for the second box is connected through the microswitches.

Junk the manual

Can the tamper for the second panel be wired up at the panel without touching the first one?

Yes but only the bell tamper

I don't think I can use a series connection (like global tamper) as it only uses one wire for tamper or is there some way.

No don't need to

Would it be a problem if I wired up the second bellbox to the global tamper as this is currently unused as I use EOL's for tamper. I guess one of the tamper contacts on the panel could be linked to 0v on the bell connections on the panel and the other connected to the tamper wire from the second panel.

Start linking 0v to your tamper on you bell & when you remove cover you may find *nothing* will happen

Would this work OK or is there a better way? I would prefer not to touch the first bell at all.

Yes its dead simple

Best way - Do you have any spare zones on your panel? If so, you can use a spare zonethe easy way to get a proper circuit you would need a relay in the sab or touch of sab moding, and program it as 24Hr (or tamper or whatever the veritas calls it...)Choice of both ;)

What core cable is running to the first bell?

You need at least 6 core if you are running the 2nd bell cable back to the panel.

Its easier to wire from the 1st to the 2nd normally.

Just follow the diagram in the Odyssey manual, dont forget to change the 2nd bell to SCB after connecting the bell battery.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Shaks
What core cable is running to the first bell?

You need at least 6 core if you are running the 2nd bell cable back to the panel.

Its easier to wire from the 1st to the 2nd normally.

Just follow the diagram in the Odyssey manual, dont forget to change the 2nd bell to SCB after connecting the bell battery.

Hi Thanks for your reply

I am running 6 core to the first bellbox. I can use either 6 or 8 core in the second.

What would you recommend doing if I don't want to wire 1 to second but want to run the second back to the panel?

Shaks

If looking at the manual (page 5) and using the same colours, on your 1st bell remove the white microswitch wire from MSW2 and connect it into a piece of terminal block to your spare core (White on your 6 core), this will leave no connection to MSW2 on the bell.

Connect this white core to the white core of your 2nd bell at your control panel and connect as shown in the diagram to MSW1 on the 2nd bell along with the existing microswitch wire.

Connect red,black,blue and green as shown in the manual.

Connect the battery and change the jumper to SCB on the 2nd bell.

Basically MSW2 provides the 0v out to the tamper switches and MSW1 returns it to the TR terminal.

So the 0v is provided by MSW2 on the 2nd bell, goes through its tamper switches, then supplies the 0v to bell1 tamper switches and goes back to the panel by Bell1 TR.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Shaks
If looking at the manual (page 5) and using the same colours, on your 1st bell remove the white microswitch wire from MSW2 and connect it into a piece of terminal block to your spare core (White on your 6 core), this will leave no connection to MSW2 on the bell.

Connect this white core to the white core of your 2nd bell at your control panel and connect as shown in the diagram to MSW1 on the 2nd bell along with the existing microswitch wire.

Connect red,black,blue and green as shown in the manual.

Connect the battery and change the jumper to SCB on the 2nd bell.

Basically MSW2 provides the 0v out to the tamper switches and MSW1 returns it to the TR terminal.

So the 0v is provided by MSW2 on the 2nd bell, goes through its tamper switches, then supplies the 0v to bell1 tamper switches and goes back to the panel by Bell1 TR.

Hi

Thank you very much for explaing this in detail

I thought of doing this before but thought I could maybe use some other form of tamper e.g. global tamper however I will be using your method instead.

Again thank you for your help and support.

Shaks

Archived