Security Installer Community

Help or Suggestions

Service Engineer

Does anyone know of an easy way to create a file listing Database. I somehow need to catalogue all the files in the manual listings.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 months later...

Is the file listing database going to be web based?

If so then use MYSQL and PHP to build it, in much the same way that the forum is built.

Not really if its going to be web based, unless you created it in MS Access then uploaded that to the site but then you need to work out how to get the file open - which is fairly difficult.

I can almost guarantee that this website runs on a MYSQL database so why not just set up another table in the database (you will probably have a utility to do this for you called MyPHPAdmin) then tell the web pages to call the data in that table (theres loads of info on this on the web).

Or if you are really stuck I will help you do it.

Guest THOMSONSECURITY
Not really if its going to be web based, unless you created it in MS Access then uploaded that to the site but then you need to work out how to get the file open - which is fairly difficult.

I can almost guarantee that this website runs on a MYSQL database so why not just set up another table in the database (you will probably have a utility to do this for you called MyPHPAdmin) then tell the web pages to call the data in that table (theres loads of info on this on the web).

Or if you are really stuck I will help you do it.

Was that the simple way ;)

believe it or not... its fairly easy once youve got your head around some of the basics.

PHP is one of the easiest programming languages i have come accross, as you can canabalise other peoples work and get away with it.

Many of the websites I write nowadays have PHP in em somewhere.

Archived