Security Installer Community

First Response

golfball

Well i have now been advised that i am going back to school to learn how to be a security guard

becuse the company i work for key hold for first response from the arc

its funny cos i thought i was an engineer now i'm going to be a security guard next i shall become a caretaker cos they dont need the licence although the course is subsidised i have to fork out for the licence as its individual and not company

the thing is this is going to kill off the key holding bit of the alarm industry

where do the rest of you stand on the S.I.A regs

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

I would think you have the upper hand there, you could force the company to pay for it or your not doing keyholding. The problem becomes the companies and if they get shirty they will consider sacking you. I would have said you could walk and claim constructive dismissal (although i am no expert on employment law).

Alternativly they will have the same problem of replacing you, getting someone with or prepared to pay for a lisense, the shortage of engineers is an huge advantage!

• 2 months later...

As i understand it, the company can apply on behalf of the employees.

Reasoning is the "Major keyholders" are the company, whom they employ they have to get vetted themselves.

cheers

Archived