Security Installer Community

Premier 48 Guard Access & Entry Exit

whibbs

i have set a up my zones as zone one being entry/exit zone (area A) with a time of 50 seconds and zone two (area B) being set as guard access to let me access the keypad.

but on entry i pass zone one which starts entry timer 1 and then i pass zone two to get to the keypad but when i pass zone two the alarm sounds as an inturder alarm and does not give me access to the keypad

cab any omne help

Wayne Hibbs

Ive never used the Premier range so dont quote me

Sound like you would need to set your zone two to exit and entry too. Zone one would start the timer. Zone two will be seen by the panel but just carries on the timer.

"Guard Access" i can imagine would be an alarmed zone, not used for entry therefore you are seen as straying from the entry route.

Reprogram zone 2 to exit/entry and you should be fine mate.

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

i have set a up my zones as zone one being entry/exit zone (area A) with a time of 50 seconds and zone two (area B) being set as guard access to let me access the keypad.

but on entry i pass zone one which starts entry timer 1 and then i pass zone two to get to the keypad but when i pass zone two the alarm sounds as an inturder alarm and does not give me access to the keypad

cab any omne help

I've just installed my Premier 48. My front door contact is on zone 1 area a, pir is zone 2 area a, and kitchen pir is zone 3 area a. Zone 1 is entry/exit. 2 and 3 are guard access. I trigger the entry timer opening the door and can then walk thro hall into kitchen to disarm from the keypad without setting off the alarm. Guard Access zones won't cause an alarm if they are activated whilst the entry/exit timer is going.

Is zone 1 and zone 2 both on the same area?

If zone 2 is entry exit also then the keypad will be unprotected for 50 seconds if someone breaks into that area.

I've just installed my Premier 48. My front door contact is on zone 1 area a, pir is zone 2 area a, and kitchen pir is zone 3 area a. Zone 1 is entry/exit. 2 and 3 are guard access. I trigger the entry timer opening the door and can then walk thro hall into kitchen to disarm from the keypad without setting off the alarm. Guard Access zones won't cause an alarm if they are activated whilst the entry/exit timer is going.

Is zone 1 and zone 2 both on the same area?

If zone 2 is entry exit also then the keypad will be unprotected for 50 seconds if someone breaks into that area.

zone 1 is on area A

zone 2 is on area B

Wayne Hibbs

Give me half an hour, I have another Prem48 panel in my front room that I'm just programming the zones from my laptop for another install. Will setup a couple of mags and see if i can replicate whats happening mate.

ok thanks

Wayne Hibbs

Sorry but if the Guard access does not cause an alarm if triggered during exit and entry then it is not protected for 50 seconds :P Same situation my friend

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Sorry but if the Guard access does not cause an alarm if triggered during exit and entry then it is not protected for 50 seconds :P Same situation my friend

Yeah you can't be 100% covered otherwise you would never be able to turn off the alarm without it triggering. At least as guard access it will trigger if you don't use the entry point first, so a little more secure.

Sorted it...

You have to have the Guard Access zone set to the same area as the Entry Exit zone. Entry Exit will activate the Guard Access zones on the entry area only whilst leaving the other areas protected. Change your zone 2 to Area A and try it again.

Yeah you can't be 100% covered otherwise you would never be able to turn off the alarm without it triggering. At least as guard access it will trigger if you don't use the entry point first, so a little more secure.
i do use entry ponit frist but the alarm sounds when i enter zone 2 that is set as guard access i will hav to set zone 2 as entry/ exit with a timer found it works

Wayne Hibbs

Sorted it...

You have to have the Guard Access zone set to the same area as the Entry Exit zone. Entry Exit will activate the Guard Access zones on the entry area only whilst leaving the other areas protected. Change your zone 2 to Area A and try it again.

Archived