Security Installer Community

Please Can Enyone Help Get Taken On As A Trainee

were do u live m8 how old are u are u thinking off doing the course in the day or night. If u are doing it in the day good luck because the guys that are doing the course in the days are thick my teacher was telling me and they do not do as much as wot we do at night because they are going at a slow speed.

I've just turned 20 and I live in Wigan. I was thinking of doing the night course then if something came up I'd be free during the day, plus I imagine it's a bit quieter? Enrolling is next week I think so I'll pop down and have a look...

Trade Member

what have you been doing since leaving school ect..... are you employed now??

as for mature trainees there not many that want to pay 5.25 an hour for you to learn on the job

you best bet is to make some contacts within the industry by getting some work experience within an installation environment even if this unpaid

read every manual you can lay your hands on & fanny around with all the old controls you get

if the decent firms are not interested your local sub 200 quid alarm cowboy will take on all comers,

I've just turned 20 and I live in Wigan. I was thinking of doing the night course then if something came up I'd be free during the day, plus I imagine it's a bit quieter? Enrolling is next week I think so I'll pop down and have a look...

are you just going to do the intruder alarm or are you going to do the cctv cours as well

are you just going to do the intruder alarm or are you going to do the cctv cours as well

Not sure mate, depends on how expensive it's all gonna be although it would look alright on the CV...

what have you been doing since leaving school ect..... are you employed now??

as for mature trainees there not many that want to pay 5.25 an hour for you to learn on the job

you best bet is to make some contacts within the industry by getting some work experience within an installation environment even if this unpaid

read every manual you can lay your hands on & fanny around with all the old controls you get

if the decent firms are not interested your local sub 200 quid alarm cowboy will take on all comers,

This is good advice too, although surely the last one is counter-productive, judging some of the jobs I've seen with these "installers".

I've got some old panels and detectors knocking about if you want them to have a muck around on.

Trade Member

Not sure mate, depends on how expensive it's all gonna be although it would look alright on the CV...

This is good advice too, although surely the last one is counter-productive, judging some of the jobs I've seen with these "installers".

Surely fitting alarms badly must be better than never fitting them at all??

I doubt 18 months of working for Mr S Hit Security will do your cv any harm in the long run, we

Archived