Security Installer Community

Windows Xp Sp2

kka

can any body tell me how i can view, what is running in the background. i am running windows xp sp2 please......

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

thanks everybody for the very quick response, i can now investigate whether or not this is what slowing my computer right down.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

thanks everybody for the very quick response, i can now investigate whether or not this is what slowing my computer right down.

Also try Start, run msconfig

This tells you quite a bit about what's running and you can change settings too.

BUT make sure you know what a program or service is/does before you disable it :-|

There is a free program that gives you much more data than the Task Manager .... Process Explorer. Get it here ...

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

If you see any process that is slowing down your system then post the name and address of the process to this thread and someone will gove you more advice on what it is, whether it's a valid process etc.

OJ

Archived