Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9448 Pir Problem!

Guest quinster

Guest quinster

I have recently moved into a house that has a Scantronic 9448 alarm. The alarm seems to work fine apart from the fact that two of the PIR sensors to do not light up nor sense movement when the alarn is fully set. I am not sure whether this is an electric problem or whether I should just replace the faulty PIRs. If it is a PIR problem then does anyone know if I can just buy standard PIR's and fit them?

There could be a few reasons why they dont indicate or seem to not be picking up movement. Any PIR should be able to be connected but you may not solve the problem, it could be because theyre are disconnected at the panel end because of cable damage and new PIR's aint going to solve that.

Unless you are competant and have the correct test equipment it may well be wise to call a local company to check out the problem. It maywell be cheaper than buying new sensors also!

You could post your location and maybe one of the loacl companies or engineers may help you out.

Guest ALSEC

Could be cable damage to the detector , cable not connected inside the panel or faulty PIR - best get someone in really...

It could even be that the PIR's are turned off and that there is no fault at all.

When you say when the system is set, do you mean they do light up when you walk in front of them when it's unset? Have you actually walked in front of them while the system is set and caused an alarm by doing so?

Guest quinster
It could even be that the PIR's are turned off and that there is no fault at all.

When you say when the system is set, do you mean they do light up when you walk in front of them when it's unset? Have you actually walked in front of them while the system is set and caused an alarm by doing so?

The lights do not light up whether the alarm is fully set or not. I have opened the box and nothing appears to be disconnected so am not sure what is happening. May have to get someone in.

The lights do not light up whether the alarm is fully set or not. I have opened the box and nothing appears to be disconnected so am not sure what is happening. May have to get someone in.

Does walking in front of one of them while the alarm is set trigger an alarm condition?

God idea getting someone in in any case, a service never goes amiss.

Archived