Security Installer Community

citadel xr2

Guest justmeokay100

Okay when he comes get him to check that the line fault input is correctly set up. Easiest way of doing this is to enter programming section and invert the setting. If it stops then this is the problem.

Failing that best to default the panel completely and reprogramme the system completely.

How did the fault materialise?

Also bit of advice if you have been waiting over a week for the engineer to call then you should be looking for a new company to support the system. All reputable companies will provide an engineer within 4 hours or before the system is next due to be set.

If you get stuck get my number of our website and I can talk you through how to stop the noise till you get an new engineer/company sorted.

Colin.

Guest justmeokay100

the keypad is by the front door and the panel is under the stairs.I was looking at a manual online and yes it said a double beep every ten minutes for a telephone fault so it definately seems to be due to a fault somewhere.Of course I'll post the answer if or when he does resolve it.Hopefully this evening he will spend some time on the system and find the problem.

Norman

Guest justmeokay100

Sorted: the service interval was set and the older panels used to trigger the tamper light to flash every few seconds to indicate it needed servicing but this one beeps.It dosen't tell you this in the user guide or installation manual but he disabled the service timer and the beep has gone.Thanks for all your help though.

:)

Archived