Security Installer Community

citadel xr2

Guest justmeokay100

Guest justmeokay100

Help.the keypad has started emitting a single beep roughly every 5 mins day and night.Does anyone have the answer so i can sleep at night again

Thanks

Norman

Guest justmeokay100

its the keypad that is emitting the beep.Its roughly every 5min and 10 sec and the panel itelf is silent.It happens relentlessly all day and night.I havent tried it with the system set though.I do agree with you though that it sounds like something is emitting a low battery beep but its definatly the kepad .If I cover the kepad with a blanket it does muffle the beep.

Thanks

Guest justmeokay100

Yes I have tried arming and disarming it but it continues to beep.If the bell battery was low could that cause the key pad to beep

Guest justmeokay100

Hello again,The system was installed 15 months ago and has been fine uptil now.I can set the system okay and unset although I havent checked for a beep while the system is set.

Is it possible that when unsetting the system someone could have inadvertently miskeyed and programmed the keypad to emit a warning for something other than the original setting.

Could a cable have become damaged somewhere perhaps between the panel and the bell so the system is sending a beep to the bell and getting no confirmation.

The engineer who installed it has no idea why its happening but its keeping me awake so I do need to resolve this soon.

Thanks

If there is a speach dialer connected to the system and the line fault input is connected and a fault occurs this will cause the fault you descibe:

Things to check:

Do you have a speach dialer fitted( or any other telcom device fitted.

Have you had a telephone work done.

Have you changed any of the programming recently if you have you have changed the polarity of the input causing it to alarm.

Colin.

Guest justmeokay100

thanks for the reply.

I do not have any phone dialler connected to the system

When my brother came in the other day he did have to key in the code more than once to get the system unset so maybe he could have caused the problem on the keypad.How could I check this.

Thanks

do you have a programming manual for the system, and you said the engineer didn't know either has he physically looked at the panel.

You will also need to know the engineer code to access the programming.

do you have the above and i will post how to check the setting?

Colin

Guest justmeokay100

Yes I have the engineer codes if he hasen't changed it.,The engineer has the main manual and left me just the user guide with basic info.He has listened to the beep but dosen't know and has phoned for advice but got no reply yet.This has been beeping now for a week and I am really tired of it.I have asked him to come over and just turn it all off until he knows why which he said he would do but said the system would then need reprogramming.He is coming in about 4 hours time and I hoped I would be able to get the answer on the forums so he could then fix it for me quickly.

Archived