Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts700

Steve K

Can anyone help me with this query before I visit the site again?

I have a customer with a TS700 panel. He has a garage door operator and has a second receiver and 2-channel fobs with rolling codes.

The TS700 has a keyswitch operation (latched), and I have programmed the panel accordingly and can manually set and unset the panel by shorting out or un-shorting the technical zone.

There is however a no momentary keyswitch option on the zone set up. So I have a toggle relay to install which operates either on or off every time it is pulsed with an input voltage (or earth) which can be connected to the second receiver. Unfortunately the second receiver only pulses for a short duration when the relevant fob button is depressed.

The question is, if I rig this up to set the alarm via remote fob, can it only be turned off again by the release of the relay using the fob, or will the input of a code on the RKP turn off the alarm?

Clear as mud? Incidently all this equipment is inside a tamper proof unit!

Thanks

Steve

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Typically (but don't quote me) either code or deactivating keyswitch zone would turn system off, however if you unset with code you'll probably need to press the fob twice in order to set system again the next time, 1st press would typically unset the system (which is allready unset so won't do anything) then the 2nd press would be the usual setting routine.

egg03064.gif

Typically (but don't quote me) either code or deactivating keyswitch zone would turn system off, however if you unset with code you'll probably need to press the fob twice in order to set system again the next time, 1st press would typically unset the system (which is allready unset so won't do anything) then the 2nd press would be the usual setting routine.

JB thanks for that - I'll bear that in mind when I return to the job in a week or two. :)

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Archived