Security Installer Community

Vibration Detectors

Guest italiastar

Guest italiastar

Having fitted my system, I'd like to upgrade the sensors and fit more. I have a Aluminium patio door and a wooden framed window and door. Do you recommend vibration sensors for these to stop someone getting in and if so what type - I can easily get Vybe, Optex or Viper. Are these prone to false alarms and is there an optimum part of the frame to fit these - Any hints on fitting these would also be most welcome - many thanks.

Guest italiastar
Having fitted my system, I'd like to upgrade the sensors and fit more. I have a Aluminium patio door and a wooden framed window and door. Do you recommend vibration sensors for these to stop someone getting in and if so what type - I can easily get Vybe, Optex or Viper. Are these prone to false alarms and is there an optimum part of the frame to fit these - Any hints on fitting these would also be most welcome - many thanks.

Hi has anyone ever used these who can advise me, please - in the end I got a Viper, but any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Guest italiastar
Do you have a window cleaner?

Fortunately not, but a very good point - worth considering! Thanks.

Take careful note of the fitting and siting instructions - they need to be carefully calibrated to avoid alarming from non-alarm causes.

Thanks - thats exactly what I was worried about. I was planning to get the calibration tool, but my supplier advised me to use a screwdriver head - according to him, that's what all the fitters use :unsure:

Adjust the sensitivity on the sensor, then test by knocking on the glass and frame. Adjust it so small to medium vibrations are ignored but hard knocks/ large vibes trigger alarm.... common sense here.. dont hit with a hammer :P

Archived