Security Installer Community

Vista Triplex Dvr

can any one tell me if i can upgrad the hard drive in a 16 way triplex unit using and difrent spindle speed hard drive as the hard drives in the unit are maxtor 160 x 2 with a spindle speed of 5400 and i want to use 7200

Trade Member

can any one tell me if i can upgrad the hard drive in a 16 way triplex unit using and difrent spindle speed hard drive as the hard drives in the unit are maxtor 160 x 2 with a spindle speed of 5400 and i want to use 7200

hi darylfrench,

i think this ones for Norbains Tech Dept, if it were windows based it should be ok, but as its an 'enbedded' system it may not recognise the structure of the new drives properly.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

well i did try putting a 80 gig 7200 maxtor in it and it found it and formatet it then it run ok with it but i think it is the heat think that might be a problem as the 5400 run at a lower heat i think

Trade Member

well i did try putting a 80 gig 7200 maxtor in it and it found it and formatet it then it run ok with it but i think it is the heat think that might be a problem as the 5400 run at a lower heat i think

pop in some extra fans directed at the drive bay

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

It might also be worth contacting Kalatel for more technical information.

Vista OEM their triplex from them. Check out the Kalatel website, find a product that best fits the feature set of the product you have and pretend that that's what you've got.

Archived