Security Installer Community

Advice Needed On An Autodial Wireless Security Alarm

Guest dean080580

Guest dean080580

Hi Everyone!

I would very much appreciate some feedback or help on choosing an alarm system. I have searched for several alarm systems and I am quite on a limited budget (

This a waste of money!! The system is rubbish and does not comply with standards, you need to install kit that can be easilly repaired and with interchangeable parts.

List what you need from your alarm in terms of equipment and layout of your property and we can help you with some options.

Take it you intend to install yourself? would you be happy with fitting a wired system.

Guest dean080580

I am looking for a DIY kit, wireless preferably. I will be installing it in Mauritius, not in the UK.

It's for a quite large house, 2 sotreys - 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, kitchen, garage and 2 storage rooms same size as bedrooms. There are 6 doors from which someone can enter the house (garage door, main door, 3 balcony doors, 1 back door)

Your budget is the limiting factor here, where I can see the attraction of the above system in terms of coverage, it will lack in terms of reliability/performance.

Professional wireless systems fall well outside your budget, the best advice would be to fit a wired system and choose the components carefully to suit the installation environment.

Guest stress3

Hi !

just skippin through different subjects on the forum, and come across ur

link to ebay/wireless system, valid point brought out in relation to hard wiring,

always a safer and more cost effect in the long run, one point you may have to

find out what frequency range the wireless panel works on, and the freq range of the

Country your installing it in. Have you got the place insured if so check what standard

the insurance company will accept as minimum standard.

Stress3

Guest kev241

Keep your eyes peeled on ebay for a response SA5 wireless alarm they pop up allot and are wireless and reliable

Keep your eyes peeled on ebay for a response SA5 wireless alarm they pop up allot and are wireless and reliable

Er, in comparison to what?

Guest kev241

I have never had any real problems with them. Yes I know they are just a DIY alarm but they aren't bad for the money.

Archived