Security Installer Community

How Many For Ssaib

Guest xnode

Guest xnode

hi all firstly thanks for taking a look at this post

how many installations do you have to have under your belt before you can think about ssaib approval.

any feedback will be great

:hmm:

Guest Alarm Guard

I think they are more bothered about quality than quantity. They are very helpful. Ask them to send you a free introductory information pack. That will detail all the things that they look for.... Things like correct insurance cover, accounts in order, correct methods and paperwork, being converse with latest regs, Etc.

Paul

how many installations do you have to have under your belt before you can think about ssaib approval.

:hmm: 50 installs & 2 years trading I believe is the minimum...

however just get an application pack from them & just work towards it

Guest Alarm Guard
For SSAIB it is 10 installations and trading for 6 months under current trading title :hmm:

It used to be 50 installs some years ago, but the modern thinking is that if a Co. is installing that many before anyone inspects them they could be turning out a lot of bad work before anyone knows about it.

It used to be 50 installs some years ago, but the modern thinking is that if a Co. is installing that many before anyone inspects them they could be turning out a lot of bad work before anyone knows about it.

and they'll also be losing a lot of business whilst only being able to install non-police response systems. It could take more than a year to get to 50!

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

• 3 months later...
Guest espsecurity

This is a route i am looking into, as currently i get an enquiry and have to pass it on as i am neither SSAIB nor NSI, with a very small amount of customers its hard to get either. i practically offer to install for cost when i get an opportunity just to add another cutsomer. been trading for 18 months now and got only 9 jobs installed for me, done over 300 for big name companies as a subbie!

The most annoying thing is all my audits have come back with no deviations!!

WE are currently listed with both

i have found ssiab inspectors are all ex engineers who have lots of experience and are more concerend as to wether you can acctualy DO what you claim

the nsi chap is a bit clue less as an engineer but knows his stuff on papper work

yes the inspections are fun as they both contradict each other at inspection time despite supposedly singing from the same hymn sheet

we get more work/referals from the nsi

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Archived