Security Installer Community

Veritas 8C - reset to default

Guest Jase

I've removed a VERITAS 8C panel from a customer, which is fully operational, as I upgraded her to a monitored ACCORD system.

I have a friend who wants to replace their old duff LOGIC system in their garage, so I want to use this V8C panel. What I need to know is, how do I remove the old user code and reset it to default?

I could also use a manual!

cheers

If the engineer code has been lost power down the system (will be already if you have taken it out!) conect the battery and mains all the LEDs should illuminate press reset within ten seconds of applying power and the panel should be back to factory set **** engineer code and **** user code This is as long as the person who installed the system in the first place did not lock his own engineer code into the nvm if this is the case ring the staff at texecom and they will for a charge of course unlock it for you but if the panel is more than 4 years old buy a new one

E- mail me and I will send you the manual needed :ph34r:

:fyi:Sorry Jimbob, I had to edit this post, we CANNOT be SEEN to be showing USERS how to reset panels. But what you want to do off your own back is not my concern. So if he wants to directly correspond with you, and act on any information you provide then thats beyond my control.

Please DO NOT POST panel defaulting methods in future on this forum.

No problem Jimbob, its a real pain this forum being a help/advice site and the powers that be not wanting us to divulge certain information.

Personally if it were upto me anyone who asked for advice or help would get it, after all thats partly why i set up this forum.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived