Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus Assistance

Guest percy Upstairs

Guest percy Upstairs

hi,

I need to powerdown my optima 2 plus for a couple of hours to carry out some electrical work (changing consumer unit) - how can I do this without the alarm ringing (& driving the dog & neigbours crazy)

Guest ALSEC
hi,

I need to powerdown my optima 2 plus for a couple of hours to carry out some electrical work (changing consumer unit) - how can I do this without the alarm ringing (& driving the dog & neigbours crazy)

Quite simply by picking up the yellow pages and looking for an alarm company who will come and change your standby battery for you!

Sorry - don't mean to patronize!! Seriously though - your alarm shouldn't "go off" when you turn off the mains - this can be simply recified by any alarm company in your area - why not give one a call....

Quite simply by picking up the yellow pages and looking for an alarm company who will come and change your standby battery for you!

Sorry - don't mean to patronize!! Seriously though - your alarm shouldn't "go off" when you turn off the mains - this can be simply recified by any alarm company in your area - why not give one a call....

Do you mean "i've turned off the power and this is what happens" or do you mean "what happens if i turn off the power"???

Guest percy Upstairs
If it's in working order then just remove the power and the battery should easily cope for a couple of hours.

will this stop the alarm ringing? - in the past when the power has been disturbed, the alarm sounds - do I need to do something on the keypad first?

ta.

How old is the alarm? When was it last serviced?

I suspect that you need a new battery and the control panel checked for overcharging damage, I would suggest that you get the systems installer or a local engineer in to check the system over, if this is done you will not annoy your neighbours.

Guest percy Upstairs
How old is the alarm? When was it last serviced?

I suspect that you need a new battery and the control panel checked for overcharging damage, I would suggest that you get the systems installer or a local engineer in to check the system over, if this is done you will not annoy your neighbours.

cheers for that, the alarm was installed by the previous owner - it hasn't been serviced since I bought the house (20months) and there's no record of a service - how much would a new battery cost?

will this stop the alarm ringing? - in the past when the power has been disturbed, the alarm sounds - do I need to do something on the keypad first?

The system, if in working order, will not annoy anyone when the power is removed for short periods of time. If yours is sounding when the power is removed then it is not in working order and the only option is to call an engineer to service\repair\replace the panel depending on what state it's in.

cheers for that, the alarm was installed by the previous owner - it hasn't been serviced since I bought the house (20months) and there's no record of a service - how much would a new battery cost?

It may need more than just a battery.

Archived