Security Installer Community

Texacom Premier 88 Not Communicating

colin32

Just installed a premier 88 and programmed via wintex. The panel connects to an Ademco 685 digital receiver (ACR) using an on board com2400 digicom and contact ID protocol. When the alarm is activated, the ACR receives the alarm activation but cannot interpret the information being transmitted from the panel. The printer and computer connected to the ACR just displays transmission error with no account number or zone informaton received.

The log files from the panel show ATS failed and com300 failed. I have tried defaulting the panel and re-loading the program but it still fails to communicate.

Any body come across this problem before.

have you set the onboard digicom to com2400 and com port 1 to com2400, sounds like it may be set to com300

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

have you set the onboard digicom to com2400 and com port 1 to com2400, sounds like it may be set to com300

both are set to com2400. This is confirmed by being able to UDL with wintex and external modem set to 2400 baud.Dont know why the log file shows com300 fail though.

• 2 weeks later...

At the advice of Texecom support, I have changed the digicom 2400 but it's still not communicating

properly.The odd thing is, I have had the panel communicating with the ACR and now for some reason, it won't anymore. I have tried 3 different phone lines, each gives the same result.

Been through the progamming thoroughly but now run out of ideas.

There must be some Texecom experts out there, please.

Have you tried resetting the com port and digi?

to reset the com port go to com port set up, when you are at com port 1= com 2400 press 0 and it will display something like AT=192.....

press reset and it clears the com port.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Have you tried resetting the com port and digi?

to reset the com port go to com port set up, when you are at com port 1= com 2400 press 0 and it will display something like AT=192.....

press reset and it clears the com port.

only tried resetting the digi, not the com port, so will try when i'm back on site.Don't know if this means anything but the online diagnostics show that digicom output3 (system ATS remote test) and output 6 (led control) are both active even after a full reset.

Is there any way of disabling the reporting of remote downloads without disabling other maintenance alarms e.g. power failures etc.

Have you ticked Enable digi in the communicator options menu?

Have you selected contact ID in the protocol box?

Do you have broadband on the same lines - if you do fit a microfilter to the com2400?

Have you fitted the little jack wire that comes with it to the com port?

Have you filled in the Central Station primary and secondary telephone numbers?

Can you hear the panel actually dialling the telephone number when you send a signal through?

Do you have to dial a 9 first to get an outside line? If you do type '9,and then your arc reciever number'.

Do you have 50V across the T and the F, and make sure you have wired the phone into here and not the t1 and f1?!

Have you set dial attempts to the maximum 9 ... usually guarentees it will get through if the central station is engaged the first time.

Have you ticked priority alarms, and alarm/cancels boxes.

And finally after doing the changes have you definately updated the changes using the send icon up the top!

Seems basic stuff but if you miss one of these out that might be the problem, and like they said make sure in the com port setup you have selected the com2400, and make sure you have it selected to the right port because I think there maybe 2 com ports.

Dont usually use the premier 88 unless a job requires a panel that big and usually opt for the com 300 because it will do the same job for less $$$ but wont do SMS as far as Im aware of.

Trade Member

Have you ticked Enable digi in the communicator options menu?

Have you selected contact ID in the protocol box?

Do you have broadband on the same lines - if you do fit a microfilter to the com2400?

Have you fitted the little jack wire that comes with it to the com port?

Have you filled in the Central Station primary and secondary telephone numbers?

Can you hear the panel actually dialling the telephone number when you send a signal through?

Do you have to dial a 9 first to get an outside line? If you do type '9,and then your arc reciever number'.

Do you have 50V across the T and the F, and make sure you have wired the phone into here and not the t1 and f1?!

Have you set dial attempts to the maximum 9 ... usually guarentees it will get through if the central station is engaged the first time.

Have you ticked priority alarms, and alarm/cancels boxes.

And finally after doing the changes have you definately updated the changes using the send icon up the top!

Seems basic stuff but if you miss one of these out that might be the problem, and like they said make sure in the com port setup you have selected the com2400, and make sure you have it selected to the right port because I think there maybe 2 com ports.

Dont usually use the premier 88 unless a job requires a panel that big and usually opt for the com 300 because it will do the same job for less $$$ but wont do SMS as far as Im aware of.

Digi is enabled

contact ID is ticked

no broadband - both alarm and receiver use the same meridian telephone exchange(panel is actually on test next to the ARC receiver as we do our own alarm monitoring.

com port lead is fitted to com port 1

primary and secondary numbers are programmed

I have a phone on the same line as the ARC so I know when the panel is dialling out, however if I lift the handset when the ARC answers I can here about half a second of noise, then nothing.

Both panel and ARC lines are internal to the company

all reporting options except open/close are ticked

All changes are fully downloaded and then confirmed at the keypad

I can't understand why the log shows com300 failed to communicate when I have set the digicom to com2400 and com port 1 to com2400

After each ATS fail, I manually reset the digi and com port but makes no difference.

The only thing I can do now is to submit the wintex customer files to Texecom to check for errors.

I suppose I could try a com300 board

Archived