Security Installer Community

Gardtec 580 Help!

Guest alex2293

Guest alex2293

Hi,

I'll try to keep this short. I moved into a new house about 18 months ago and it has a Gardtec 580 installed. Got the user code and all working fine until - I went away for a few days with work and my wife rang me panicking - she had acidentally pressed the little panic alarm box and set the alarm off! I camly tried to tell her to use the little red key to silence the alarm (this didn't work) and to reset the system. After about 30 mins she eventually turned the thing off.

All fine until i returned and looked at the key panel, it is displaying C6 and won't do anything! I've tried everything in the manual and i can't find any mention of this code. I've no idea what she pressed to turn it off and all she can remember is pressing lots of buttons! Can anyone help?

P.S. I've only got the user code, didn't even know there is a master code until i fully read the manual.

could the c6 be 'cb', this is a code for control box tamper on the guardtec 580

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest alex2293

Thanks for the replies. I've tried 'chime' reset i.e. press '0' to return to 'unset' but nothing hapenning. It could be 'Cb' - is there any thing i can do?

I've just had another look in the manual and found the code 'Cb' Control box or key press tamper. It was right in front of me just could'nt see it as i had 'C6' in my head!

Still don't have a clue what to do?

Thanks for the replies. I've tried 'chime' reset i.e. press '0' to return to 'unset' but nothing hapenning. It could be 'Cb' - is there any thing i can do?

Check the control panel and make sure the lid is on. It could have been knocked at some point.

Failing that, unless anyone else has any ideas, it might be time to call an engineer to sort it out and also show you how to use it correctly!

Guest alex2293

Control box seems to be fitted ok. Looks like i'll have to get in a professional!

Can anyone recommend anyone in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area?

P.S. Does anyone have an approximate cost for having a look?

Guest alex2293

When we moved in we were only given the user code and a very brief demo of how to set and unset it - didn't think too much about it as we were moving in and it worked! Unfortunately i've had a look through the paperwork and on the equipment, but there is no mention of the installer!

Archived