Security Installer Community

Understanding Wireless Standards

Guest Guest_simon_*

Guest Guest_simon_*

hi could any one help me find info exsplaining wireless sndars please seen one advertised as class 5 bs standard and another as class 3 bs6799.

how do i find what each clas is please and is higher better than lower or theother way round have had a look on the web but hope someone can put me on the right track thanks simon

hi could any one help me find info exsplaining wireless sndars please seen one advertised as class 5 bs standard and another as class 3 bs6799.

how do i find what each clas is please and is higher better than lower or theother way round have had a look on the web but hope someone can put me on the right track thanks simon

The higher the class, the more safeguards are built in. Most DIY radio alarms are class 1 up to 3.

You will need to fit class 6 for police response.

The new standard for wirefree is EN 50131-5-3, which will replace BS 6799:1986: in the near future.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

The new standard for wirefree is EN 50131-5-3, which will replace BS 6799:1986: in the near future.

It already has done!

PD6662 was amended in January to reference EN50131-5-3 (see AMD 16155), this divides wirefree equipment into 4 grades as with the rest of the EN50131 series.

BS6799 is no more.

Thanks,

Mark

Archived