Security Installer Community

Faults

Guest Alan fussey

Guest Alan fussey

Hi,

I have a veritas R8. On part set it never false triggers lately it has false alarmed on sensor 1 on 3 occasions when on full set.

Today I set it and omitted the offending zone. But the other remaining zones false alarmed any advice as to what the problem might be

Alan

Guest Guest
it would help to know what sensors and where they are situated..

also - when did you last had it serviced??

I inherited the alarm and never had a service.

The PIR which started first is on the landing the other 2 are 1 in the living room and one in the dining room.

Today the downstairs 2 had both activated

Guest Guest
I inherited the alarm and never had a service.

The PIR which started first is on the landing the other 2 are 1 in the living room and one in the dining room.

Today the downstairs 2 had both activated

No to any of those things it is weird could it be the battery ????

No to any of those things it is weird could it be the battery ????

It does not really sound like a battery fault - although battery faults can manifest themselves in obscure ways!

. With so many separate faults, it is likely to be environmental (eg pets, insects etc) or a problem at the panel (not necessarily the panel at fault though). I would check the power, internal and external voltages, and check for induced AC. If your 12V is not constant, then that would explaain this fault.

If you are not electrically competent and trained to work with mains voltages then DO NOT carry out any of these tests yourself - call a professional. There are dangerous mains voltages present inside your panel.

D7

Unusual to have several faults, so look for one cause.

Have you left windows open?

Paul

And one possibility is that it is not fault at all but genuine alarm.. Someone just waiting you to omit / bypass the zones.. Wouldn't be the first time. :fear:

It does not really sound like a battery fault - although battery faults can manifest themselves in obscure ways!

. With so many separate faults, it is likely to be environmental (eg pets, insects etc) or a problem at the panel (not necessarily the panel at fault though). I would check the power, internal and external voltages, and check for induced AC. If your 12V is not constant, then that would explaain this fault.

...- call a professional. There are dangerous mains voltages present inside your panel.

D7

Anyhow - call a pro - is my advise. Doesn't necessarily sound a DIY job at all.

Your battery is 99.9% dead and it can cause voltage drop in power supply to detectors which would of course be the reason but it just doesn't sound that simple because in that case I would expect other faults as well. Though I don't know this panel at all so I have no clue how it should behave in dead battery situation if charging circuit has gone (or in this case it could be OK but because battery is in practical short state it will draw all the current and therefore voltage drops @ detectors )..

Guest Guest_Alan_*
Unusual to have several faults, so look for one cause.

Do you have pets roaming?

Have you left windows open?

Have you had alterations to the premises?

Paul

This only happens when the alarm is in full set mode not part set any further ideas ???

Guest Guest_Alan_*
And one possibility is that it is not fault at all but genuine alarm.. Someone just waiting you to omit / bypass the zones.. Wouldn't be the first time. :fear:

Your battery is 99.9% dead and it can cause voltage drop in power supply to detectors which would of course be the reason but it just doesn't sound that simple because in that case I would expect other faults as well. Though I don't know this panel at all so I have no clue how it should behave in dead battery situation if charging circuit has gone (or in this case it could be OK but because battery is in practical short state it will draw all the current and therefore voltage drops @ detectors )..

This only happens when the alarm is in full set mode not part set any further ideas ???

Guest Guest_Alan_*

That sounds a bit sinister.....how on earth would someone activate it in the first place to make it appear like a fauly ????

It would be wrong of anyone to post information of how it would be possible to trigger anyones alarm but it is possible to do. Ive never heard of it happening but that doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldnt.

Arfurs point though is a very valid one, just because you can replace the stand-by battery doesnt mean you can resolve the problem. Without a proper check the system could still be carrying a fault and his suggestion to get it checked by a proffesional is good advice. I suspect thats why you came here, to seek good advice!

Archived