Security Installer Community

Extension Speakers

paul1471

I want to connect 2 16 ohm extension speakers to a ADE optima compact G3 alarm panel, I would like to know what wire to use please can somebody help?

Thanks

Joe

Guest rjbsec
I would like to know what wire to use please can somebody help?

Thanks

Joe

Standard alarm cable with at least two cores will do fine.

Standard alarm cable with at least two cores will do fine.

Also when i connect the speakers am i best off running the alarm cable from the panel to the first speaker and then running wire from the first speaker to the second speaker.

Also when i connect the speakers am i best off running the alarm cable from the panel to the first speaker and then running wire from the first speaker to the second speaker.

Either that or both direct from the panel. Depends on what the cable routes are and what's easiest.

I would also use 4 core as a minimum as I like to run a tamper in with all cables on a system.

Either that or both direct from the panel. Depends on what the cable routes are and what's easiest.

I would also use 4 core as a minimum as I like to run a tamper in with all cables on a system.

According to the engineers manual for the optima compact g3 it says that two extension speakers can be wired to the system but i am wondering if this is including the one built in the panel?

According to the engineers manual for the optima compact g3 it says that two extension speakers can be wired to the system but i am wondering if this is including the one built in the panel?

Yes it does.

And if you're wiring up 2 extension speakers you can probably dispense with the one in the panel.

do you have to get rid of the one in the panel?

do you have to get rid of the one in the panel?

Not unless you want to use 2 other speakers.

Simple rule of thumb, count all the speakers you want to fit. If the number is >2 then you need to disconnect\remove speakers until the number is <3.

So, if you add 2 other extension speakers you then have 3 including the one in the panel. What you need to do is remove one, any one, to bring your total down to 2.

Not unless you want to use 2 other speakers.

Simple rule of thumb, count all the speakers you want to fit. If the number is >2 then you need to disconnect\remove speakers until the number is <3.

So, if you add 2 other extension speakers you then have 3 including the one in the panel. What you need to do is remove one, any one, to bring your total down to 2.

are the 16 ohm speakers louder than the one in the panel?

Archived