Security Installer Community

FAI Security Guard

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

:help: I am desparately trying to find someone who knows how to program FAI Security Guard systems to accept the signal from a new electronic key.

I have been able to obtain a users manual however, it does not provide any detailed information on this. Someone, somewhere in the world must have this knowledge......

Guest simmo

I've replied to simon via personal email, and given him another source to chase on this.

However if anyone knows how to do this then by all means post.

cheers

Simmo B)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Simon

:?: So I have been able to get my hands on a programming flowchart for the FAI Security Guard II. (My system I think predates even this as there is no "II" on mine...however it looks pretty much the same..

Next problem...reading through the guide, it looks like once you turn the main unit on with the physical key, then you should activate the radio key by pressing the OFF button a number of times to scroll through options then ON to set...and so on..

trouble is, I can't get the main unit to respond to the radio key signals. The key appears to be working as the LCD lights up...but no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?????

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest petroid

I have just got a monitored alarm system installed, leaving me with a functional FAI SecurityGuard to play with, I am interested in the programming codes and stuff if anyone has them. Also, i remember a time last year, the battery drained, and to get the other two PIRs to work, the guy at the company who does the servicing told me to turn the key and press the on button on the two keypads a few times. I forget the exact procedure, but it worked ;). So can anyone help me with learning how this system works? The PIRs have many jumpers inside, some of which i'm really curious on, like Pulse, and Range. But even the programming guide would help :)

• 4 weeks later...

Petroid,

I found that I had to have the power supply (plug - pack) plugged in & on before the system would go into programming mode. With the sys turned ON (not armed) I held the OFF button on the wireless key sender down for about 2 secs, when the display showed P I released it then held it down again for about 3 secs and the display then showed PE (Program Entry?).

Subsequent presses of the OFF button steps through the program options - (from memory - I wrote it down but do not have it with me) U1,U2,A1,A2,A3,A4,P1,P2,P3,P4,P5,PE

If you go to an option and pause I think it shows the current setting for that option eg P1 and P2 appear to be the entry & exit delays, mine was set to 15 and 20, by pressing the ON button it will step through the possible settings for that option. in the case of the P1 & P2 it is 0 to 30 for one and 0 to 60 for the other in 5 (second) steps. I set mine to 0 in both cases because the system is armed / disarmed from outside the house and no delays are desired. This does seem to work. as to the meaning of all the other settings I can't help yet! Please let me know if you get more info. I suggest that you sit down in front of it with pen & paper and record everything as you go! :rolleyes:

regards,

Kev in Perth!

• 1 month later...
Guest newuser

Could someone please email the user manual (or any other documentation available) for the FAI Security Guard II?

Thanks.

(Kaz, New South Wales, Australia)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,I have an FAI SGII which I let run down and it wont seem to re-charge(just flashes U1 at me when I plus the re-charger in).Can you run this thing off mains power or is it purely battery?

Anyway,if anyone has an idea please let me knw

Thanks

Padma,

Off the top of my head I haven't got the manual to hand this unit is designed to run off the internal battery, when the battery is low you plug in the mains charger to top up.

Sounds like the internal 12v battery has had its day, check the fault code displayed at the back of your manual and it will tell you what it is.

cheers

Simmo B)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest petroid

Thanx for the info, kev :)

What is the major difference between the SG1 and SGII? They both look the same from the outside, but what new features did it have?