Security Installer Community

Video Level Meter For Camera Setup

gundog

Try this if your ever stuck. dont knock it till youve tried it.

switch on the auto shutter, with most ( not all) cameras, this opens the iris fully, and presents a picture with 1V p_p output.

adjust the back focus, with the lens focus in the middle, without any filters. then tweak the lens focus.

switch back to galvo or video iris, whichever your using, and set the level for as near as you can get to the same contrast.

99% of the time this works a treat, as the iris is fully open when you set it up, which is what your trying to achieve when you use a filter anyway.

I have tried meters, but they never seem to be 100% right all of the time, experience is the best bet, use a level meter to check that you have a full volt ot the plex if you feel the need, or if you need to set up an amp. but experience will usually tell you if its very far out.

I still use an old Computar monochrome test monitor for setting up. ( mine still has a good tube ) you only need to use a colour one if you have a problem, auto white balance is nearly always good enough for most applications.

setting up cameras is not a black art, but it does require experience. forget focus meters etc, just keep at it till you get the knack.

If its a camera in a housing why not try a BOSCH L.T.C they have a built in menu driven lens wizard that is very very good and a quality image only close to the samsung we would use the samsung but the wizard on the bosch is great. :)

Garry.

http://www.sourcesecurity.com/new-products...h-ltc-0435.html

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived