Security Installer Community

Problem With Paragon Plus Remote Key-pads.

I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem plz?

I just got my mains supply board upgraded at the weekend from fuse-wire to RCD. Everything went ok apart from my remote keypads (3 in total) on my Paragon Plus alarm are all lit up like christmas! All the leds are on & the LCD display shows 8 as well. The panel has kept the original programing that I put in (about 10-11 years ago!) e.g. codes etc & I can set/unset the system from the main panel. I have pulled the house apart (& loft!) looking for the original install guide & went to the Pyronix website but according to their site, they will only speak to "Installation & Distribution Companies Only".

I think if I just get into the system & disconnect then reconnect the keypads that this will clear the fault? Does this sound ok?

I know I can't ask for the Paragon Plus Eng/Install guides but can anyone please point me in the right direction oh how to obtain the eng-code or recommend what I do in a situation like this.

Thanks.

Darren.

We cannot give you default information here - when was your alarm battery last changed?

The removal of power with a poor condition battery may have caused problems and the system may need a complete power down/up.

However to do this will mean opening the panel to disconnect the battery and you should not do this unless you are electrically competent to do so - get an engineer in is my advice.

I can look @ the system myself, I've installed plenty for mates etc, thanks for your kind offer Scottish Engineer. I think rjbsec is right, I'll just have to default the system & set it back up again :(

Once I eventually find the guide.... lol

It's in here somewhere!

Thanks everyone for your time & help.

Darren.

I can look @ the system myself, I've installed plenty for mates etc, thanks for your kind offer Scottish Engineer. I think rjbsec is right, I'll just have to default the system & set it back up again :(

Once I eventually find the guide.... lol

It's in here somewhere!

Thanks everyone for your time & help.

Darren.

Be warned that mains electricity is inside the panel, electricity can kill!

I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem plz?

I just got my mains supply board upgraded at the weekend from fuse-wire to RCD. Everything went ok apart from my remote keypads (3 in total) on my Paragon Plus alarm are all lit up like christmas! All the leds are on & the LCD display shows 8 as well. The panel has kept the original programing that I put in (about 10-11 years ago!) e.g. codes etc & I can set/unset the system from the main panel. I have pulled the house apart (& loft!) looking for the original install guide & went to the Pyronix website but according to their site, they will only speak to "Installation & Distribution Companies Only".

I think if I just get into the system & disconnect then reconnect the keypads that this will clear the fault? Does this sound ok?

I know I can't ask for the Paragon Plus Eng/Install guides but can anyone please point me in the right direction oh how to obtain the eng-code or recommend what I do in a situation like this.

Thanks.

Darren.

Have you ever changed the battery? if you havent this might be a good move :yes:

Just to let everyone know that I contacted Pyronix TSU direct & explained the above problem & they e-mailed me the Engineer guide.

Replaced the battery & reset the NV-Ram & reprogrammed & the systems working fine again. (Thx ribsec!)

Thanks for everyones help. :D

Darren.

Archived