Security Installer Community

Write an Installation Tutorial

Would anyone be interested in writing a Tutorial on Alarm Installation.

Nothing too complex, just something to help out any DIY`ers.

Just a Standard alarm System, with looped zones and tampers. And guidelines about running wires etc etc.

If you feel up to it just let me know.

Your article will be published on the website, I might even add graphics :) and youll get full recognition for your work, even a link to your company if you want, and as a bonus Full Access to the Manual selection..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I`d actually be interested in Tutorials or Guidelines on anything security related.

Alarm Detectors, Access Control, Security/Emergency lighting, CCTV, fire detection and prevention, etc,etc.

As above youll get full recognition for your work, etc.

Guest Gazzerdaman

I'm installing a new alarm soon, and would be happy to write a guide. I also always take pics of that sort of thing incase i ever have any problems with wiring etc. So making a guide should be a doddle. At the moment im getting ready for exams so after May / beginning of June I should be ready

Btw whats the Optima G3 Compact like, is it any good ?

Thanks

Gary

The Optima G3 series of panels are fairly good, cheap and reliable.

The only thing I hate about them is the flimsy ribbon cable they use from the panel to inbuilt keypad.

Apart from that they arent too bad, infact we used to fit them when we tried out cheap quick fits a few years ago.

And Thanks Gazzerdaman, any articles are appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I can not promise anything but if I get a spare few hours this week, i'll give it a go. I'll start with intruder and if no other installers pull it to bits i'll do another, lol.

Me too had so many problems with all optima panels with on-board keypad. That ribbon really does have a design fault so why don't ADE sort it?

Warwick

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

I`d be glad of any help from anyone with regards to site content, youll all get credit for your work, if more than one article gets sent to me of the same topic though i`d like to use the best bits from each one .

So as long as you dont object to that get sending in your stuff. :)

As its stated on my main page the site is all my opinions or suggestions, This site could do with a bit more input from all installers and security related personnel.

Please, please forward your input on any subjects or ideas for new material.

:D Im really looking forward to it.

Archived