Security Installer Community

Accenta Control Panel and keyboard- help please

Guest poutysnout

Guest poutysnout

Hi

I had an Accenta alarm installed 3 or so years ago (from surfing the net it looks like an Accenta G3 panel, although there's nothing on the panel itself to say this). Whenever there is a power cut, as happened tonight, the entire alarm seems to go dead. No power is registered on the key pad, although I was told by an electrician the last time this happened that power is actually going into the control panel.

The company that installed it is no longer operating, my operating instructions (all 2 pages of them) don't give any advice on what to do, and I can't find the details of the company who came out last time to fix it. I was therefore wondering if anyone could tell me 1)what the problem is and why this keeps happening 2)whether I can reset it myself and 3)if I need to get an engineer out, who should I contact.

Many thanks. :wacko:

simply reboot it (power off ,case open, battery off ,mains on ,code in , battery on , close cover,reset ) note without mains or battery , the outside bell should sound.

Sounds like you need a new battery (1.9/2.1 Ah from Maplin , CEF etc.)

Ask around friends for a reliable engineer , he will service it replace the battery and check all devices are still functioning.piece of mind etc.

Guest oldtimer

First of all you say that the panel is dead on power failure but you do not say what happens when the power is re-enstated.

You say it is three years old so I would have thought the battery would have held the supply for at least a couple of hours. Me thinks you do not have a battery fitted

or who-ever fitted it may have used an old battery through lack of knowledge.

Or is it older I was one of my old systems and the customer said "but its only been in for 5 years" it was actally 10

A lesson for anybody writing on this forum is more info is required. ie size, colour and even the description on your instructions on how to change the user code.

Manufactures as we know have differant way of changing the user code. for example withe the ADE Optima/Accenta you would enter prog then your code then 8 then your new code then reset.

If you have no name / description it could be that your panel is from a main manufacturer but should be badged for the retailer ie Select Optima. So are you sure there is no panel id ?

Any way have a think

Archived