Security Installer Community

Acenta mini accessories wiring diagrams/install

Guest SJR

Dear All,

I'm designing a systems for a house and wish to look at extending the use of the Accenta panel that has already been bought for the design.

I wish this purchase had not been made as I am finding it extremely difficult getting any satifactory information on the further products. (In fact it's a wonder the company is still in business.) And would rather have gone somewhere else.

I wish to design the wiring and layout for the lighting controller and just wish to confirm the design I envisage as I do not want to reroute after other trades have finished.

I've been to my wholesaler, I've been to ADE, back to wholsaler they pointed me to, back to ADE, etc. The last responce was to send the product brochures (I told them that I did not need those as I know what they produce, and they are on the web site!!!) with a letter that the others are out of print.

Am I going to have to buy the products just to get the install manuals? Or can someone help me out?

:angry:

cheers.

Steve

Thanks Colin but I've seen those too. I have got that part sorted. It is the light controller manual, and other accessories for that matter, that I require.

Steve

The part number is 8EP 372 Opti-Cam Lighting Controller.

(I don't know whether the Opti-Cam system will be used with this, but it would be nice to be able to find out what the requiremets are for this also - but I've been put off by not being supplied the answers for this unit so will probably go with a separate cam arrangment. But if you can find out I would be grateful!)

The manual does show how it should be connected to the unit re the tamp power and coms, but then goes on to say, "(See also the instructions supplied with the OPTI CAM lighting controller)". Which I take it means that there are some very specific facts one needs to know? But may be not. I just don't want to spec something that turns out not to do what is needed. Buying it to find out is even worse!!

cheers

Steve

PS. Does anyone have any recommends of integrated systems (fire, intruder, lighting and cctv) by companies who can supply design information, and give good literature on features?!

Hi Steve,

I will try and get this manual from a contact i have at Novar for you today. You could also look at the GJD manufacturing products as they do both a lighting/camera controller that link together well.

There are various options open to you that will do the same as the Opticam system, in fact some of them are far better, but it depends on the application/budget.

I can also assist you with design of an integrated system, but I would need more information on the specific application you wish to proctect/integrate.

Colin.

Dear Colin,

Thanks for your help.

Basically the design is open at the moment. First fix wiring is going in soon.

Putting the hall lighting on PIR is desired (ground, first and second floors), but on a budget.

I had looked into 240V systems, which include all the switch modes, and then the switch replacements. This route was simple, but some designs are not pleasing, don't offer the coverage, some require the 240V running to sensor locations and the units are more money.

On looking into the alarm panel I saw that a light controller is available at a reasonable price and thought that this would be a more elegant solution.

The light needs to be dimmed at night, so a dimmer would need to be placed in light circuit. The light controller does not have a manual overide (ADE technical let me know some bits of info via email, but not the full circuits), unless it is used with the opti cam system. Hence my wish to know about that system - although my wish to know is indepentant of the CCTV to a certain extent, if you see what I mean; what sort fo manual overide, etc. I do need to get a basic cam system for parimeter monitoring though so thougth it may offer an total.

I could easily set up the controller to offer manual overide by designing 3C&E with a live and switched live, and then put a dimmer switch in series with that. This would give PIR/ON/DIM/OFF from the required locations, albeit in two switches, but most of the time only the dimmer would be used at night. It would be rare occasion to turn on or off permanently.

Any way what do you think?

cheers

Steve

Dear Colin,

It's for a house.

Require manual overide and dim at each level (by one door point per level), plus at far end of extension. Therefore 4 zones would do each part as required.

Regards

Steve

You could use this GJD controller Link This would give you the control and switching that you need and you could then simply wire a dimmer/switch override at each level.

Alternatively if you are putting an alarm in the house, depending on the panel could be wired via relays to control the lighting as needed, but again you would still need to fit a dimmer switch.

Another option would be simply to fit Prescence detectors next to each light fitting and fit a single dimmer switch, each one would then work independantly of each other. Although you wouldn't be able to interface anthing to it other than the light its connected to.

Colin.

Archived