Security Installer Community

End of line

Guest pbsouthern

Guest pbsouthern

Hello, wondering if anyone can help. I've a veritas r8plus panel, and I've wired in to it two texecom exodus smoke detectors on the same zone. When I first wired them in and tested them they alarmed as a tamper alarm rather than fire. I then realised that the installer had used resistors in the PIR's etc. to form balanced zones, and the global tamper still had its contacts across. I have disabled the EOL option on the panel for the time being which means that my smoke detectors alarm with a fire tone, but it now means that I have no tamper protection inside. (I guess this isn't a major deal but I like things to be right) - The problem is that the Texecom book only gives diagrams and instructions for EOL wiring for single detectors per zone. Do you put a 3.3 ohm resistor in to every detector or just one, and similarly if I wanted to put two PIR s on one zone do I have a resistor in each ?

Help

(Thanks very much in advance)

Looking at page 13 of the manual , there is a note at the bottom regarding fire type devices.I would re-instate eol and add a 33k res across the end of your series fire detector loop (but not the tamper).BTW I,ve haven't used the exodus yet. :)

Guest pbsouthern

Thanks very much - I thought that would be the case I just wasn't sure if it was a resistor in the last detector or each of them (Although the phrase end of lineshould have rung some bells !!!!

Archived