Security Installer Community

Rokonet Pir Dt Am Detectors

Guest montronix

Guest montronix

So who uses ROKONET The new Green Line range Grade 2 & 3 Detectors.

Had any problems with setting up and false alarms.

What the installation instructions don't tell you:

If using the new Green Line Range With the ANTI MASK.

When connecting and testing the grade 3 detector make sure the detector lid is in place before applying power to the detector.

If not the detectors anti mask will not function correctly as it uses the detector lid as a reference point on first power up.

If using a grade 3 detector but not using the anti mask, connect a link between the +ve and the set terminal. this will bypass the anti mask.

Problems have been reported that when using the grade 3 detectors, but not using the anti mask. False alarms have occurred. This happens when the anti mask has not been set up correctly and when activated it also opens the alarm relay as well.

We have used the greenline sensors on a couple of grade 3 systems found them to be ok

i already was aware to put the lid on power up so that helped

i would not use them without the am i install the cosmos grade 2 units if they require am later i can change the sensor without changing the back

just had one site inspected on my SSAIB inspection and they worked as they should and the site passed.

i am however looking at changing to the optex range

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

• 9 months later...

Hi,

had loads of problems setting these Detectors up with Scantronic 9853 Panel. Had no power to Detectors whilst installing them and put up lid first before reapplying power but still false alarmed. I spent a lot of time on site getting them to work. as they went into antimask after connecting power. Btw there is nothing underneath the detectors which could have caused this. After I managed to get the detectors to work and left eng mode I had the problem that monitoring station still had antimask signal open altough everything ok on my site. Downpowered alarm panel again to clear this and everything OK then. Today I heard that they went into antimask/false alarm again. Is there anything else I can do to make them work? Never had so much trouble before with setting a detector up.

cheers,

Alex

Archived