Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

Guest suzy

can anyone help me have already been stunk by an alarm engineer, problem is alarm goes off for no reason and they keep replacing the battery but still have same problem but getting worse, to the point where if you just fold down keypad front it goes off. is the key pad worn out installed 1997 used day and night.

help

Suzy

We need some more info. Are you getting a tamper indication on the keypad whenever this happens? It sounds to me as though the keypad front is slightly loose, or has not been put on properly, causing a small amount of movement to release the tamper switch inside. Apply a small amount of pressure to the left hand face of the keypad. If this causes a tamper, then the keypad front needs removing and replacing properly, a proceadure that is a bit tricky to describe over the internet. I doubt a new keypad is in order, but tat's entirely possible. You may be better off getting your alarm taken on by someone else, because it seems like these clowns don't really know what they are doing.

Trade Member

Archived