Security Installer Community

Help Needed ( Like HEEEEELLLLLLP )

Guest Huntersbane

Guest Huntersbane

I have just moved into a new house ( well new to Me) and it has a OPTIMA XM Security System. First remember that I have never used a Security System before.

I turned the electric supply off at the mains for about 45 minutes and now I cant get the security system to do anything. Under normal circumstances when a key is depressed the system will Beep, but now nothing. I have two red lights on the control panel One (Zone 3) and One (the Power Light)

Can someone help get the thing working again, any suggestions?

P@ul... :(

Guest oldtimer

First of all did the last resident give you the access code.

Also as always with larm systems there is always a problem when the mains are switched off because if the system is more than 5 years old then the panel battery will be u/s. Judgeing by your 45 minute quote me thinks you system is about 10 years old.

This always happens when people move house as the last resident is reluctant to hand over the code if the system has problems. Because here in Scotland when you purchase a house the last owner must gaurantee the alarm/ central heating is in good working order for 7 days after the sale.

Also try removing the front cover as these panel sometimes need the panel tamper spring to have a change of state as they tend to lock out when the power is removed then re-enstated.

Hi , if you have the code ( and know that it works!) simply reboot it (power off ,case open, battery off ,mains on ,code in , battery on , close cover,reset ) note without mains or battery , the outside bell should sound.If you have no code , then its would be a good time to ask around for a reputable alarm company to reset the code and give it a service . :rolleyes:

Archived