Security Installer Community

Strobe to flash when confirmed

andyhodson

Hi

We are about to commission a new system and I could do with some help. If a user is contacted by the ARC to attend the premises as a result of an unconfirmed alarm and then when they are en-route, the alarm becomes confirmed this is obviously dodgy.

I've read what seems like a good idea is to have the sounders activate when unconfirmed and the strobe only when the alarm is confirmed.

We're using a Scantronic 9751 for the installation and having reviewed the manual I can't seem to find whether this is possible, if it is with this equipment could someone enlighten me, or otherwise suggest another method of signalling to a key holder that the alarm could be a genuine break-in before they enter the premises?

Thanks

Andy.

Manufacturer

If you have any switched negative outputs you could use this to drive the strobe, as to whether you have a negative switched output that can be switched either when confirmed alarm or by the ARC is another question!

D

I think I might have the answer.

The Scan 9751 has some outputs one of which can be triggered on confirm. That should do it I reckon, though trying to explain to the client why their strobe isn't accompanying the sounder might be another matter altogether!

Andy.

Manufacturer

You could set a special instruction up with the arc to call the customer on a mobile if it subsequently becomes a confirmed alarm, or fit a led in a position that you can see from a distance.

Colin.

Archived